Removing barrel from stock for cleaning?

PDA

usmarine0352_2005
December 8, 2010, 06:52 AM
Some people say you should remove your barrel from the stock when you clean your muzzleloader.

Is this really necessary and will it effect your accuracy?

I have a T/C Omega and T/C Truimph.

I would really like to not have to take the barrel apart from the stock everytime I clean it.

I love my Omega, but I will say when I was cleaning it the trigger assembly kept moving up and down and I wore some of the bluing off of the top of 209 primer cap that covers it with my cleaning rod and that sort of made me mad. I wish it would lock in place so when you clean it you don't have that problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing barrel from stock for cleaning?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ontarget
December 8, 2010, 02:45 PM
On or off is really a personal preference thing. The question of changing the zero if you remove the barrel, if Both front and rear site, or both scope mounts depending on which you have, are mounted on the barrel, that should have no effect.

If you enjoyed reading about "Removing barrel from stock for cleaning?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!