T mag turrets

PDA

rikman
December 9, 2010, 03:51 PM
Anybody have extra turrets for their Tmag with dies installed, so you don't have to keep installing & adjusting dies? If so, how do you store/keep the "die loaded" turret?

TIA,
Rikman

If you enjoyed reading about "T mag turrets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GP100man
December 9, 2010, 09:50 PM
I keep my spare on the other press !!

rfwobbly
December 9, 2010, 09:58 PM
Installing dies is not an issue. Adjusting dies is what's bugging you. What you need is several GOOD lock rings, such as the ones Hornady sells.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OPOnNqOsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These pinch against the die, so that even if you remove them, re-installing them puts them back into perfect adjustment. You can get a 6 pack of them off Amazon for $20. Ask for a pack for Christmas and it will be the best present you ever received.

;)

rikman
December 9, 2010, 10:06 PM
You're right, it's adjusting the dies that's still bugging me. Still kind of new. I was thinking extra turrets might be answer? They're $40 at Midway.

1SOW
December 9, 2010, 11:03 PM
Lyman also sells the locking rings.

GP100man
December 10, 2010, 06:39 AM
Well if I was gonna store the turret by itself I`d get a threaded rod & form a stand of sorts !

RB98SS
December 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
If you're considering purchasing a turret or two I may have a couple I could part with. Shoot me a pm if interested. Lyman T-mag that is.

loadedround
December 10, 2010, 09:54 AM
I don't own a "turret head press" but I had a similar problem with my multiple tool heads for my two Dillon 550's. I managed to solve my problem by using some scrap wood, screws and several wood bits and built two small frames, ecch holding four tool heads. I marked the holes needed with an empty head and drilled the proper size holes with the wood bits. Took me an hour to build the two and they work fine. PM me if you would like a pic.

jmorris
December 10, 2010, 10:23 AM
I just set them on the shelf above the press. Simple and free.

If you enjoyed reading about "T mag turrets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!