NAA Mini Revolver?

PDA

Matt018
December 10, 2010, 12:01 AM
Well, for the first time i handled one of the beauties, They are really cool and ingenious imo. I kinda want one, What do you all think? Oh and also I am not thinking of this as a defensive gun, Its really just a range toy if i bought it.

If you enjoyed reading about "NAA Mini Revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Clifford
December 10, 2010, 01:35 AM
I own one and carry it everwhere as my backup pistol. They really are well built little pistols. If you do get one go for the 1 5/8" barrel model and get a model with both 22LR and 22 magnum cylinders. That way if you carry it for backup you can use magnum rounds.

They are fun and neat, but it took a little time for me to figure out the best way to hold mine for firing. Mine is not very accurate and it keyholes with every type of ammo I've tried. I've heard that the keyholing is a common issue with only the shortest barrels. Even with that I really like mine.

BCRider
December 10, 2010, 06:12 AM
With some practice and figuring out the best way to hold and fire it you may find that it really surprises you. My NAA "The Earl" gives me 2.5 to 3 inch groups at 12 yards now. And I've gotten sub 2 inch groups on enough occasions to suggest that these guns can deliver the goods. But it took me a few hundred rounds to figure out the best way to hold the lil' whipersnapper.

Messenger Guard
December 10, 2010, 06:30 AM
Everyone should try one, get over the novelty and get a more substantial mouse gun (A more substantial mouse gun...that's funny:D). Be careful not to light it off by accident. The most effective defense loading is IMHO "rat shot" delivered point blank to the face. Pin a paper plate to a target, draw and shoot at point blank range and you will see the blinding capability.

sansone
December 10, 2010, 06:55 AM
they are good at being tiny and firing when trigger is pulled. accurate enough for close defense (5yds max) .. the only thing that troubles me is the fragile cylinder pawl that broke shortly after new purchase.

Steve 48
December 10, 2010, 10:26 AM
My Mini Pug in 22 mag is ny backup gun.

evan price
December 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
Got one. It's my "Carry when I can't carry" gun. Not great for first line defense, but when you need it-it's there. They are really a last ditch "Stick it in their eye" kind of gun. I don't plan on using it for Teuller distances but if someone is trying to shank me it gets stuck in the hollow between the jawbone & ear, under the chin, in the eye socket, in the ear- wherever I have to- and discharged.

I carry Hornady V-max 30-gr red tips. They still maintain adequate velocity even in a short barrel.

Heck, I even managed to CCW my Mini-Mag wearing only a Speedo (boxer short style, not the string & cup style) at a water park. Tell me that's not crazy cool.

RevolvingGarbage
December 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
Everyone should try one, get over the novelty and get a more substantial mouse gun (A more substantial mouse gun...that's funny:D). Be careful not to light it off by accident. The most effective defense loading is IMHO "rat shot" delivered point blank to the face. Pin a paper plate to a target, draw and shoot at point blank range and you will see the blinding capability.
Is that a serious suggestion?

Banking on the outside chance of blinding your attacker with a perfect hit to the face with a tiny puff of dust shot is hardly a serious defensive strategy.

If you are going to carry a .22mag mini, better load up with the hottest and heaviest hollowpoint you can find.

Ratshot is at the bottom of the list of preferred defense ammo, right under a 22 short 29gr LRN.

bigfatdave
December 10, 2010, 12:05 PM
Is that a serious suggestion?I assumed it was a joke.

JoelSteinbach
December 10, 2010, 02:17 PM
NAA sells a leather pocket holster, that is made for my 22mag, it fits the pcket well and helps conceal the weapon. It is small can be used for close quarters, and can go where no othe gun can, with hot mag loads, it is better than being un armed.

Uncle Alvah
December 10, 2010, 02:59 PM
I carry a Mag model as my back-up to my KelTec PF-9, which is the back-up to my RIA 1911......hey, what can I tell ya, I work retail in a BAD neighborhood!

Action_Can_Do
December 10, 2010, 03:08 PM
My NAA Black Widow has proven more accurate than my Single-Six. Of course, my Single-Six has proven pretty inaccurate.:(

KBintheSLC
December 10, 2010, 03:23 PM
I would love to have a Black Widow... shot one a while back and really loved it.

doc540
December 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
.22WMR gives it a little more sting

Paladin7
December 10, 2010, 03:50 PM
I have one ... 22/22wmr convertible... works great, never keyholes and is more accurate than you'd expect... I load mine with CCI 22 Mag for a backup to my primary carry.

These guns are very well built and they just plain work... highly recommended for a deep cover backup, or field/plinking gun for fun...

Matt018
December 10, 2010, 04:06 PM
Yea, Thats kinda what i thought, just a really fun gun and also just something to slip into your pocket. What do you guys think the max effective range of this thing is?

John Wayne
December 10, 2010, 04:21 PM
If it's just a range toy, you might as well get the NAA Mini-Master or Earl. They have 4" barrels, larger grips, and the MM has adjustable sights. They are both still plenty small/light enough to carry or conceal, I think even their heaviest model is around 12 ounces despite being all steel.

Max effective range? Just guessing here but:

Smallest variants: 5-7 yd. (you're pretty much point-shooting)

Mid-sized (Pug, Black Widow): 15 yd. (these have usable sights and a grip you can hold onto with more than 1 finger)

"Full-sized" (Mini Master, Earl): 20-25 yd. (longer bbl., better sights, and fuller grip greatly extends range, relatively speaking)

This is assuming it is used for defensive purposes, and assuming you'd be happy with a basketball-sized group. If you planned on target shooting or hunting small game, I'd imagine the range to be roughly half the distance.

Action_Can_Do
December 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
John Wayne
I don't think you're giving these guns the full credit they're due. When I shoot my Black Widow, I always do so at 25 yards. It's plenty accurate at that range. I've never grouped it, but I have put 5 shots into one circle about 6 inches wide (quite a bit smaller than a basketball) and was very pleased with the results. I wasn't kidding when I said I've done better with my Black Widow than I've done with my Single-Six.

bigfatdave
December 10, 2010, 09:36 PM
What do you guys think the max effective range of this thing is?

They're challenging to shoot well, and really challenging to shoot well and fast.
I can do well out to 15 yards or so, but mostly do close-range blasting with mine, it is pretty much a range toy, my KT P32 is "the gun for when I can't have a gun".

I don't remember how far out I've shot my mini* without being disgusted with the performance, but past 20 yards things get tricky without a real rear sight.
It is NOT a gun you'd be able to rely on without regular practice, except as a "get off me!" gun.

* (the longer barrel basic magnum model, I have the LR conversion, a rubber grip like the mini master and a holster folding grip)

John Wayne
December 10, 2010, 09:41 PM
John Wayne
I don't think you're giving these guns the full credit they're due. When I shoot my Black Widow, I always do so at 25 yards. It's plenty accurate at that range. I've never grouped it, but I have put 5 shots into one circle about 6 inches wide (quite a bit smaller than a basketball) and was very pleased with the results. I wasn't kidding when I said I've done better with my Black Widow than I've done with my Single-Six.

You're probably right. I have no doubt that your gun may be more accurate than I was guessing it to be, but you're probably the exception rather than the norm. Not a whole lot of people are willing to put in the time necessary to become proficient with pocket guns.

wnycollector
December 10, 2010, 10:08 PM
I just took my .22 mag mini out of my pocket. I find it very accurate out to ~25'. I can put all five rounds into the COM of a silhouette target with it. I load it with Winchester 40gr FMJ's and carry it is a ultra thin kydex pocket holster. It is so small and light, I carry it almost everywhere, all the time.

Hoppes Love Potion
December 10, 2010, 11:27 PM
I think they're excellent, but it's hard for me to hold the smaller models. I like the heftier look and feel of the Pug and Black Widow. I consider these very good for concealed carry, especially in hot climates. I have no problem with .22 Mag as a defensive round in close quarters.

Trigun
December 10, 2010, 11:38 PM
IMO NAA offer the best quality firearm at a very reasonable price. My Mini Master is the star at the range, exceptional craftmanship, not a single tool mark or burrs on the gun. Love this baby.

http://i29.tinypic.com/5aq3hi.jpg

This gun is a special run by NAA for Canada, barrel length 4.25''. comes with both .22LR and .22 mag cylinder. Big thanks to NAA.

Edmond

mgkdrgn
December 11, 2010, 10:08 AM
NAA BlackWidow in 22mag is my daily carry in the warm weather here in SC. 22mag is a particularly nasty little round that never quite gets it's due in the SD world.

jmorris
December 11, 2010, 10:30 AM
I have one, it's cool and something to talk about. Useless for anything else.

Hoppes Love Potion
December 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Useless? Maybe it's a climate thing. If you live where jackets are common year-round, I can see that a tiny gun doesn't offer an advantage because it's easy to conceal a full-sized weapon. In climates where people tend to wear thin, light clothes, short sleeves and pants, sandals, etc, a small handgun allows people to carry while maintaining comfort and operational security.

TrakHack
December 11, 2010, 03:51 PM
After reading this, I went to www.chuckhawks.com to see what he had to say about them (I used his site quite a bit when researching my first gun purchase six weeks ago). Based on what he said I decided an NAA mini would be added to my very small arsenal. He didn't seem to think they were useless.

I'm female, have small hands, and although I know I will probably be lectured about this, my snubnose .38 (which some find to be questionably adequate itself) is too big for me to carry on my person comfortably.

I thought I would get a Black Widow, but instead found a magnum with pearlite grips on gunbroker that is perfect. This is a gun I will wear.

At the least, I'm further contributing the economy with a useless toy. At best, I have an accessible means of stopping an imminent and unavoidable threat of grave bodily harm.

BCRider
December 11, 2010, 10:20 PM
TrakHack, if I were to want to use my NAA for serious shooting I'd invest in getting a bigger than normal but still compact grip made up. Something that falls more readily into your hand and fits in a more natural manner. It doesn't need to be big as a regular revolver grip but it should be something that you can get a grip on easier than the two finger grip on the right hand and then squeeze my fingers together tight with the left sort of deal. But yeah, with a suitable grip of this sort and loaded with .22WMR it would at least make a bad guy stop and ponder his future place in the universe if he knows what is smart for him.

bigfatdave
December 12, 2010, 01:49 AM
if I were to want to use my NAA for serious shooting I'd invest in getting a bigger than normal but still compact grip made up. Something that falls more readily into your hand and fits in a more natural manner.

You're talking about the minimaster grip, illustrated in post #23.
The holster grip offers more surface but the shape is weird in my hand.

wnycollector
December 12, 2010, 09:03 AM
I prefer the factory boot grip on my .22 mag NAA. The grip allows me to get a solid hold on the revolver while only increasing the overall footprint of the gun minimally. I also prefer wood grips for pocket carry since they are not tacky, nor do they grab fabric like rubber does.

bigfatdave
December 12, 2010, 02:38 PM
I want to try the boot grip out, for now the NAA is mostly a range toy so the rubber's tackiness doesn't pose an issue. For that matter, the tackiness isn't an issue because it is covered by my hand during draw from a pocket holster or IWB holster, it might be a problem without any holster or in a soft one, I suppose.

The folding holster grip is great for carry, just no fun (for me) to shoot.

skipbo32
January 25, 2011, 06:08 AM
im thinking about putting a scope and bipod on mine. :rolleyes:

Brass Rain
January 25, 2011, 07:59 AM
I really like those neat little guns. Plan to get one some day as a range toy / backup gun / swimsuit carry. I don't know if "swimsuit carry" is an existing term, but it sounds like the kind of place the NAA Mini would shine. Just stick it in a little plastic zip-lock bag and tape it someplace :p

I imagine one would want to go for the hottest-loaded FMJ they could get to ensure decent penetration considering the tiny barrel and even tinier bullet. Thoughts on that?

bigfatdave
January 25, 2011, 08:46 AM
I imagine one would want to go for the hottest-loaded FMJ they could get to ensure decent penetration considering the tiny barrel and even tinier bullet. Thoughts on that? Meh ... the same as centerfire real defense ammo, I don't think there's a meaningful difference in .22lr for defense, it will all suck about as bad. Reliable ignition would trump every other factor together.
... ... now, in .22mag bullet design might start to matter a bit, as .22wmr is pretty reliable for igniting if you buy the good stuff. Even in that case, .22wmr is formulated to work from a long barrel if it does expand, so you may as well go with solids.

The KelTec PMR-30 might prompt ammo manufacturers to make handgun-specific .22mag ammo, which would incidentally benefit the mini-revolvers.

MCgunner
January 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
NAA BlackWidow in 22mag is my daily carry in the warm weather here in SC. 22mag is a particularly nasty little round that never quite gets it's due in the SD world.

I generally carry more gun in my pocket down here hot or cold, 9x19 or today I was in a 9x18 mood, P64 Radom. But, my BW is one ACCURATE little mini. I've been well impressed with it since purchase a couple months ago. It's 3.5" accurate at 25 yards off bags, VERY effective combat accuracy and, yeah, I'd as soon carry the .22WMR as any .32 short of the .327 or .32 H&R Mag. As small guns go, I prefer the BW to a Kel Tec P32, put it that way. Similar energies, not much difference in bullet diameter/weight, and a lot more compact and the quality of construction is amazing on the little NAA.

I carry a little .22LR daily as a back up weak side pocket. I sometimes carry the BW as a primary if I have the need, but normally, I've got a 9x19 or 9x18 or .38 special in my pocket.

chicharrones
January 25, 2011, 01:44 PM
im thinking about putting a scope and bipod on mine. :rolleyes:

Do it. I wanna see pics. :D

Leathermarshmallow
January 25, 2011, 05:27 PM
I think they are great. I have had one for about 20 years. I carry it in my front pocket every day.

skipbo32
January 25, 2011, 05:40 PM
does anyone know what kind of round count they can handle? i have the .22 mag in ss.

aryfrosty
January 25, 2011, 06:04 PM
Like all of the NAA guns the mini in .22lr is great. I wouldn't shoot at a Rhino with it but if I had nothing else it would get somebody off of me in a flash. I have the short barrel .22lr and in deference to its' limitations I took off the front sight and polished the entire top as smooth as I could. I drilled the lower part of the rear grip strap and tapped the hole and put a small swivel loop in it. I can hook it to a decent chain or leather thong and carry it around my neck down the front of my shirt. As for safety, the slots between chambers will hold the hammer nose securely when it is let down into them.

bigfatdave
January 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
does anyone know what kind of round count they can handle? i have the .22 mag in ss. I'd think they're too simple to have common failure points. I always get bored with mine before any actual problems, how much could you possibly be running through?

Has anyone worn one out? Even with three or four shooters taking turns I don't think I've ever run more than 250 rounds through in a session.

murf
January 25, 2011, 08:38 PM
just bought one last week. it's in my pocket right now. the mini-mag with 1 5/8" bbl. took 20 rounds before i got it to shoot all 5 shots into a 4" circle at 5 yards. does everything it's supposed to do. i like it.

murf

RoosterCogburn
January 26, 2011, 01:13 AM
I have the NAA Wasp WMR and have been quite pleased with it. Hornady has just introduced a new defense round that is designed for shorter barrels.

http://www.hornady.com/store/22-WMR-45gr-Critical-Defense/

I am new to these forums and enjoy the information and ideas everyone has to share.

Dimis
January 26, 2011, 01:59 AM
rooster welcome to the family of THR

Ive been eyeballing the pug for myself and one for the wife as well
funny thing is I looked up pug gun because we have a pug (the dog) and the wife went pug crazy... she bought fridge magnets and potholders and junk with pictures of the dog on em so i joked about getting her a pug gun
lo and behold my joke turned into one more gun for "the list"

evan price
January 26, 2011, 02:14 AM
I HAVE carried my 22 wmr NAA Mini in a swimsuit. It's not a gun for much more than across the room shooting distances but if I needed protection it's better than a sharp stick. It's my deep-cover BUG but I have carried as my only CCW when I couldn't conceal anything else.

bigfatdave
January 26, 2011, 06:35 AM
Hornady has just introduced a new defense round that is designed for shorter barrels. Thanks for the info!

And welcome aboard.

wnycollector
January 26, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hornady has just introduced a new defense round that is designed for shorter barrels.

Interesting ammo. It looks like I will be pulling the chronograph and wet newspapers out this spring and testing some new carry ammo;)

bigfatdave
January 26, 2011, 09:20 AM
It looks like I will be pulling the chronograph and wet newspapers out this spring and testing some new carry ammoplease share results.

I'll be loading up my PMR-30 with it for some testing if the PMR-30 ever arrives.

Heh, a 50x box is enough to load up the one mag for the PMR-30, one in the chamber, and 5 in my NAA ... and I'll have fourteen left over!

MCgunner
January 26, 2011, 10:25 AM
Gotta try that Hornady stuff. Thanks for the link! Looks impressive in Jello.

BaltimoreBoy
January 26, 2011, 12:00 PM
Since this thread is here, and since the issue was raised:

How do you hold one of these? Every time I have shot one, it ends up tilting up at a 45 degree angle, and I have to re-establish a grip before thumbing back the trigger for the next round. I've thought of putting my left thumb on the top strap, but it seems silly to have to use a two handed grip.

RoosterCogburn
January 26, 2011, 12:46 PM
I agree Baltimoreboy it can be a challenge to hold onto them. I swapped out my grip for the folding magnum holster grip which affords me a much better hold then the stock rubber grip that it came with. I know other people that have put on the bootgrip that NAA sells and that also helps to hold onto.

pecosriver
January 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
Here's mine. ( Lazerlyte)134894

134895 .22 mag.,of course.

9mm+
January 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
I'll be darned. Y'know, I haven't given much thought to a .22mag mini revolver for deep concealed carry, but this thread alone has convinced me that I should give NAA a try. Seems like a cool little pocket gun! :) My only concern, though, is the reliability (or lack thereof) of rimfire ammo. If you're counting on this puppy to save your life, the round needs to go bang. What is the most reliable magnum round for these NAA's?

9mm+
January 26, 2011, 02:03 PM
Also, this could be a great carry gun for my wife who is an EXCELLENT shot with the .38, but she would also like to carry the NAA mini when she is using a small purse, etc. Again, though, the reliability of the ammo has me a bit concerned, so any feedback/suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Bula
January 26, 2011, 02:13 PM
I recently picked one up. .22 wmr with the same holster clip as Rooster's. I really need to give it more serious consideration. That latest Hornady load, clocked 1038 fps from a 1 7/8 SW snub. 45 grainer went thru just under 10" of gell and opened up nicely.

9mm+
January 26, 2011, 02:17 PM
Do you have info on the reliability of the Hornady load? Does it always go bang in the NAA minis? Hornady is an excellent brand of ammunition, of course, but rimfire can be a difficult beast for reliability.

MCgunner
January 26, 2011, 04:01 PM
I've had trouble with Hornady 30 grain spirepoint going bang every time. CCI, NOT a problem. I'm going to get some of the 45 grain critical defense soon as they start making it available and my LGS gets some. He said to check back in a few weeks. I always test before carry.

The CCI maximag 40 grain JHP works fantastic in my Black Widow and it shoots to POA and is very accurate, shockingly accurate. I cycle my rounds out of my .22LR once a week, especially in the summer, due to pocket sweat contamination. It ALWAYS goes bang, this way. I save the ammo that's removed for range use as I shoot a lot of .22 and own a lot of .22s, both handgun and rifle. .22 has been my favorite caliber for just shooting since I was the age of 9. I've found that in 3 to 4 weeks, I'll start getting misfires if I don't do this ammo rotation in the NAA when constantly carried, as it is, in a pocket. It's very reliable with fress Federal 38 grain HP. The Federal is quite accurate, why I favor it to CCI which is about as reliable as .22 Rimfire gets.

Anyway, if that critical defense proves unreliable, I'll just stick with proven CCI maximag. I'll shoot up the Hornady in my Remington 597 magnum.

9mm+
January 26, 2011, 04:07 PM
I've had trouble with Hornady 30 grain spirepoint going bang every time. CCI, NOT a problem. I'm going to get some of the 45 grain critical defense soon as they start making it available and my LGS gets some. He said to check back in a few weeks. I always test before carry.

The CCI maximag 40 grain JHP works fantastic in my Black Widow and it shoots to POA and is very accurate, shockingly accurate. I cycle my rounds out of my .22LR once a week, especially in the summer, due to pocket sweat contamination. It ALWAYS goes bang, this way. I save the ammo that's removed for range use as I shoot a lot of .22 and own a lot of .22s, both handgun and rifle. .22 has been my favorite caliber for just shooting since I was the age of 9. I've found that in 3 to 4 weeks, I'll start getting misfires if I don't do this ammo rotation in the NAA when constantly carried, as it is, in a pocket. It's very reliable with fress Federal 38 grain HP. The Federal is quite accurate, why I favor it to CCI which is about as reliable as .22 Rimfire gets.

Anyway, if that critical defense proves unreliable, I'll just stick with proven CCI maximag. I'll shoot up the Hornady in my Remington 597 magnum.

Thanks! Perfect!

skipbo32
January 26, 2011, 04:41 PM
roostercogburn:

i have that same grip and love it. you can flip it out of your pocket, james bond style.

im wondering how much velocity you can get out of one of these little guns with a .22 mag. because the bullet is twice the length of the barrel, i would guess that it would be like shooting a .22lr out of a rifle.

MCgunner
January 26, 2011, 05:19 PM
The 40 grain CCI Maximag chronographs a bit less than 1100 fps out of my 2" barrel Black Widow. I get near 1150 fps from the 30 grain Hornady, when it decides to ignite.

Oh, go the NAA web page and follow the links to chronograph data.

MCgunner
January 26, 2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.naaminis.com/naaveloc.html

Mayvik
January 26, 2011, 08:37 PM
NAA makes a fine product and has excellent customer service. If you're serious about carrying a Mini as an "only" gun in warmer climes, look into the Ranger, their break-top model that just came out recently (very few are in circulation, ~2-300ish by now probably). They are very expensive compared to the standard minis ($500+ vs <$200), and they're chambered in .22WMR only; there are no .22LR conversion cylinders available (yet).

They are, however, insanely easier to reload. Yes, as a BUG or "shoot-n-flee" gun, reloading your Mini means you made a drastic tactical mistake, but in the case where it's all you've got on you, having a reload or two is handy. You don't need to disassemble the gun and poke the empties out with the cylinder pin, just half-cock, crack the top and give it a flick/shake. Two reloads will fit on a speed strip. This also makes range practice less of a hassle.

Also, they're just cool. :)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc188/Mayvik/Firearms/IMG_0147.jpg

bigfatdave
January 26, 2011, 08:40 PM
9mm+, .22wmr is generally a lot more durable than .22lr/l/s for a number of reasons, don't freak out about "the dreaded rimfire reliability" because the problem is actually "cheaply seated heeled bullet reliability" ... and wmr doesn't use the heeled bullet design.

===

im wondering how much velocity you can get out of one of these little guns with a .22 mag. And NAA has the answer, dig around on their site, they posted real numbers.
And you're right,m most of the power of .22wmr ammo goes to the obnoxiously loud BANG and not to added velocity.
But any extra speed is a good thing, it isn't negligible, and it is worth it to use the magnum cylinder.

TLL
January 26, 2011, 09:45 PM
Bought this in the 1970`s. One of the first models after the outside cylinder latch models. The outside latch model broke quickly and the dealer just reached under the counter and gave me this one in exchange, no paper work ..nada. The good old days even for Maryland. This .22short has after market rubber grips cause the plastic ones cracked under the punishing recoil!! The holster has a belt loop on the back also, hand made by yours truly. .134944

wnycollector
January 26, 2011, 10:25 PM
Also, this could be a great carry gun for my wife

My wife likes my NAA mini also...and that scares me. The last time she took a shine to one of my revolvers I lost a security six snubby:( The upside is that I could slap some pink grips on my current NAA mini for her and then pick up a black widow for daddy:evil:

im wondering how much velocity you can get out of one of these little guns with a .22 mag.

I'm getting ~925fps with CCI 40gr TMJ and Armscor 40gr JSP out of my 1 1/8" 22 mag.

MCgunner
January 26, 2011, 11:30 PM
The new top break is neat, but way out of what I'm willing to pay and I figure I wanna watch it, anyway, being new. The hinged frame might have some bugs. I solve the reload problem by carrying TWO minis. I have a third, but I haven't carried THREE at one time. The third one is the muzzle loading super companion. It's way nifty, too, and powerful when loaded with 2 grains Bullseye and a 30 grain NAA conical. All three of my NAAs ride in holster grips. Wonder if that new top break would work with a holster grip? I really prefer the holster grip.

Mayvik
January 27, 2011, 12:58 AM
Wonder if that new top break would work with a holster grip? I really prefer the holster grip.

Yes, it should. They accept all the magnum frame grips.

duns
January 27, 2011, 03:50 AM
Here's mine. I've never fired it. Regard it as a little work of art, an ornament, a jewel, a beautiful work of engineering.
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad274/riskassessor/NAA%20Mini%20Revolver/DSC02565.jpg

First Big Foot
January 27, 2011, 04:10 AM
Thought I would tell you that I have had a Black Widow for about 20 years, and love it. Purchased the WMR cylinder as an afterthought, so had to send the pistol in to get it fitted. Worth every penny.

You can store the cylinders in plastic 35mm film cans. A little piece of fluffy foam in the bottom keeps it from shaking/rattling. The can gets upended over the base end so when I pour the cylinder out it doesn't dump all the rounds on the floor, then with thumb over the bullet end turn it upright, and push cap on.

My wife likes my NAA mini also...and that scares me. The last time she took a shine to one of my revolvers I lost a security six snubby The upside is that I could slap some pink grips on my current NAA mini for her and then pick up a black widow for daddy

rogertc1
January 27, 2011, 06:59 AM
Heres mine: have had the 22short since 1977. Carried my 22LR during hot days.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/rogertc1/firearms/NAAderringers.jpg

71Commander
January 27, 2011, 08:46 AM
I bought the Wasp in Nov. as a birthday present to myself. All I can say is shoot it enough until you learn how to grip correctly. The SOBin edge on the cylinder cut my thumb from the recoil. I was shooting the 22 mag.:cuss:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/tucker13/821c7948.jpg

wnycollector
January 27, 2011, 09:13 AM
Ranger, their break-top model that just came out recently (very few are in circulation, ~2-300ish by now probably). They are very expensive compared to the standard minis ($500+ vs <$200), and they're chambered in .22WMR only

The FFL who does all of my gun transfers is also a gun writer for gunweek.com Last time I was at his shop, I checked out the ranger that he had to review...it was spectacular! The build quality was awesome, more like a swiss watch than handgun. I see him next weekend to pickup a new AR lower so I'm going to try to weasel an invite to shoot it with him;)

MCgunner
January 27, 2011, 11:20 AM
The little percussion super companion is actually a better carry IMHO than my cartridge guns from the aspect of reloads. I bought a spare cylinder for it for 40 bucks, drop in, no fitting. I load the spare and if I need a reload, I do have to pull the pin, but no fumbling with cartridges, just a cylinder swap.

But, I really feel better with the Black Widow because it's more accurate, friggin' service gun accurate, 3.5" at 25 yards accurate. It's got a longer sight radius plus REAL sights, Novaks. And, a New York reload beats a cylinder swap OR a break top IMHO. Now, were I to really get into this mini thing, when I carried the BW, I could back it up with the super companion and the spare cylinder, but let's don't get silly. :D Tis a thought, though.

doc540
January 27, 2011, 04:57 PM
I carried the .22LR model for years.

Added the foldging grip and put velcro on it to keep it from slipping from my pocket.

I just became like a pocket knife after a while.

A few years ago I upgraded to the .22WMR.

It ain't optimum, but it's better'n a set of car keys in my fist.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/Targets/22Mag1-1-1-1.jpg

nigelcorn
January 29, 2011, 10:52 AM
Trying to decide between 22lr and 22mag for one of these. I need a deep concealment gun, and these seem perfect.

Looking at the numbers, it seems like the hottest 22mag loads give you a couple hundred more fps at similar weights out of these barrels.

It kind of seems to me like these guns are (obviously) a last resort anyway, and both depend on either the attacker being scared that there is a gun or you making a good shot.

So, I wonder if you have to make a good shot anyway, does 22mag really make much difference more than 22lr? If the benefit is only marginal, I would prefer to get the 22lr, then I wouldn't have to stock up on another caliber that I don't currently have (trying to minimize calibers as much as possible).

So, what do you all think; is the couple hundred fps from the mag really going to make a difference over the 22lr?

MCgunner
January 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
Trying to decide between 22lr and 22mag for one of these. I need a deep concealment gun, and these seem perfect.

Looking at the numbers, it seems like the hottest 22mag loads give you a couple hundred more fps at similar weights out of these barrels.

It kind of seems to me like these guns are (obviously) a last resort anyway, and both depend on either the attacker being scared that there is a gun or you making a good shot.

So, I wonder if you have to make a good shot anyway, does 22mag really make much difference more than 22lr? If the benefit is only marginal, I would prefer to get the 22lr, then I wouldn't have to stock up on another caliber that I don't currently have (trying to minimize calibers as much as possible).

So, what do you all think; is the couple hundred fps from the mag really going to make a difference over the 22lr?

Oh, I don't know...

http://www.hornady.com/store/22-WMR-45gr-Critical-Defense

The .22 mag DOES have it all over the .22LR in penetration and this load will perform, i'm betting. I'd as soon carry it as .32ACP and the guns are even more compact than a Kel Tec P32.

71Commander
January 29, 2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=754595?cm_cat=Cart&cm_pla=ProductDesc

2200 fps with over 300 ft lbs. it would be aprox 300-350 fps over a 22LR out of the NAA.

That's a sizable difference.

nigelcorn
January 29, 2011, 11:36 AM
2200 fps would be a sizeable difference, but I doubt it is getting that speed coming out of a 1 1/8" barrel. I would guess closer to 1000-1100, if that.

bigfatdave
January 29, 2011, 12:46 PM
Trying to decide between 22lr and 22mag for one of these. Conversion cylinders are commonly available with the guns at purchase.
I wouldn't buy one without the conversion, in fact. (buying them after is a pain, it has to be fitted to the frame somehow)

Practice with LR, swap to WMR for 10-20 rounds, then carry with WMR, point of impact distances (at the effective range of a human-fired mini) are negligible.

nigelcorn
January 29, 2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that's a good point, I guess no reason not to get both cylinders (it is only like $30 more).

Sorry, dumb question to begin with.

bigfatdave
January 29, 2011, 03:24 PM
Sorry, dumb question to begin with.Not that dumb, really.

Another note, the LR-only guns are a bit smaller in frame, and the short-only variant is the smallest one of all.

But if you can't conceal a magnum-frame NAA mini, you're either nude or entirely incompetent.

71Commander
January 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
The only problem that I have with my NAA is always walking all over the house saying "Now where did I lay that little SOB down this time".:p

MCgunner
January 29, 2011, 04:47 PM
You COULD find a way to hide one nude, i bet. Ain't gonna speculate, though.

I have both the magnum Black Widow and a standard .22LR. The Black Widlow also has a full 2" barrel. There is a bit of difference, but in a pocket that normally holds a .38 snub or 9x19 subcompact, the difference is moot.

I clip the BW to my shirt collar (holster grip) when I'm wade fishing. Casual observers can't tell. :D On the kayak or wad fishing, my pockets get flooded in summer. The only way for me to carry a gun dry is the top of my shirt.

asm19
January 29, 2011, 06:59 PM
I have a NAA Black Widow and carry it every day in my pants pocket in a pocket holster designed for the LCP. The pocket holster doesn't hold the revolver or conceal it any better, it just helps to keep some of the lint and dirt out of my gun.

The Black Widow is my backup gun in the winter but in summer it is my primary. I have no doubt about its ability to make a bad guy realize he's made a very bad decision and to buy me time to leave the area. 22 Magnum is no joke and the Black Widow handles it nicely.

My Black Widow hits high at all distances with Winchester Super X 40 grain FMJ. I can't wait to see the new Hornady ammo; until then I think I'll try some lighter bullets and see if they hit closer to point of aim.

lizziedog1
January 29, 2011, 09:43 PM
Plan to get one some day as a range toy / backup gun / swimsuit carry.

Swimsuit carry.:eek:

Do you swim in dangerous waters?

Hoppes Love Potion
January 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
I also use the Black Widow for daily carry. I practice with it every day, too. It's awesome, very accurate and reliable.

chicharrones
January 29, 2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=754595?cm_cat=Cart&cm_pla=ProductDesc

2200 fps with over 300 ft lbs. it would be aprox 300-350 fps over a 22LR out of the NAA.

Don't forget that those velocities for .22LR and .22 Mag are out of rifle length barrels.

North American Arms lists velocities out of their guns here.

71Commander
January 29, 2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by chicharrones

Don't forget that those velocities for .22LR and .22 Mag are out of rifle length barrels.

North American Arms lists velocities out of their guns here.

I am aware of that. Still the mag will be about 350 fps faster.

franco45
January 30, 2011, 01:41 AM
I have a Pug and a Black Widow. Both are 22wmr. I carry the Pug at the gym and walking in the park in a pocket holster from RKBA. The Black Widow sees duty in a custom owb holster if I am just running to the store. I also use both as bugs. I have the Black Widow grips on both and they make the little guys very easy to shoot

First Big Foot
January 30, 2011, 02:09 AM
Hi there:
I don't know if you have ever used CCI Stingers. They make a real difference in the power of a .22 LR. Really noticable difference.

And I might mention that the WMR rounds cost as much as 9mm.

That being said, I have both cylinders. A box of 50 rounds of WMR has lasted me about 20 years as I almost never fire them. I don't know how many Ft. Pounds they vary, but the cost of LR makes them my first choice.

Both cylinders are stored with four bullets, and one Shot round.

Quote:

Pyro
January 30, 2011, 02:11 AM
For the NAA in .22lr I would chose the 60 grain projectile from Aquila.

71Commander
January 30, 2011, 07:26 AM

That being said, I have both cylinders. A box of 50 rounds of WMR has lasted me about 20 years as I almost never fire them. I don't know how many Ft. Pounds they vary, but the cost of LR makes them my first choice.

When it comes to issues regarding my life, I can't put dollar signs on it.

bigfatdave
January 30, 2011, 08:16 AM

Well, the GOOD .22wmr costs about the same as the CRAP 9x19mm

Both cylinders are stored with four bullets, and one Shot round.Ah yes, I always take a moment to figure out which round is next before firing defensively, there is always time to pick out a cylinder, install it, rotate it to the right slot, cock the hammer, and fire.

MCgunner
January 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
So some chronographing. .22 stinger uses a 32 grain bullet and it's not a lot faster out of the NAA than a 40 grain solid. Saying it's a "lot hotter" is delusional. :rolleyes: The .22LRs of various types produce around 65 ft lbs, the magnum around 100. Ft lbs in these low power rounds is moot, really. What you need to make sure is that the bullet produces two holes in the perp and the .22 mag has quite a bit more penetration than the .22LR from these guns. The Stinger round is probably the WORST choice from the standpont of penetration, too.

Neither load is a 9x19, of course, and that's my primary carry choice most days, 9x19. The NAAs are useful and I really like the BW, very accurate, but most days I have plenty of pocket to drop my Kel Tec P11 or other larger caliber in. I don't belt carry much, but do carry a .357 or a .45ACP on the belt from time to time. I'm not of the mindset that the .22 mag is more than it really is, put it that way. It's a good choice with nothing large is possible and the threat level is low. I do feel it is probably as effective as the .32ACP, but that really doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

First Big Foot
January 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
Auote:
The Stinger round is probably the WORST choice from the standpont of penetration, too.

I have shot rabbits with solid 22s and Stingers. The solids pass through without much ado, rarely killing the rabbit. The Stingers literally explode what they hit.

In another experiment, I shot a foam ice box full of water with lead solid 22, and had to plug the hole with a twig to do the second test of Stingers. The entire box exploded with the stinger round.

You cannot convince me that there is little difference. There is more to it than bullet weight and speed, though the speed is helpful.

MCgunner
January 30, 2011, 04:32 PM
I have shot rabbits with solid 22s and Stingers. The solids pass through without much ado, rarely killing the rabbit. The Stingers literally explode what they hit.

Two things you don't seem to be able to comprehend, a 1 1/4" barreled mini revolver is NOT an 18" barreled rifle and, two, a rabbit is NOT a 200 lb human. :rolleyes: I bet I've killed a lot more small game in my 58 years than you have with .22s. Humans don't count as small game, though. And, while you'll get 1300 plus fps from a Stinger in a rifle, you'll get about 800 in a pistol, not enough to affect bullet expansion. Then there's the most important matter of penetration. The Stinger has probably the least sectional density of any choice in .22LR, only 32 grains, very short bullet. How thick is a rabbit, about 2 1/2"? I am satisfied with over 10" penetration in a self defense round. I've only ever heard of Jimmy Carter being attacked by a rabbit and in that case, a boat oar is all it took. :rolleyes:

MCgunner
January 30, 2011, 04:42 PM
BTW, try shooting said rabbit with a 30 grain Hornady +P .22 magnum load from a rifle. There probably won't be enough left to eat. STILL, I'd rather carry my 9x19 for self defense.

First Big Foot
January 31, 2011, 01:25 AM
Yes, I comprehend that a .22 is not the equal of a nine mm, or a .45. But since I figure a golfball to tennis ball size of homoginized flesh will do a lot to disuade an attacker, I feel pretty safe sleeping out in the open with a Black Widow in my pocket. Since I do not have a CCW, Day time carry is out of the question, as I am a law abiding citizen.

The shot rounds are for rattlers while out hunting. If it is placed as the first round on cocking, there was no question where it was. Since a revolver cylinder direction is pointed at by the registration pin ramp, that was easy enough to set up. The hammer rests between rounds in a notch for safety.

Brass Rain
January 31, 2011, 06:43 AM
Swimsuit carry.:eek:

Do you swim in dangerous waters?
Ha! No, that was more like a joke. I just kind of thought of the ideal use of the NAA Mini Revolvers as ultra-deep concealment, when you really can't carry any gun bigger. Like in a swimsuit. Maybe even a ladies' swimsuit, but that would take some creativity.

I hardly ever go swimming. But if I had a Mini Revolver, I'd probably carry it on me to do so. :D

skipbo32
January 31, 2011, 08:29 AM
i was watching the movie, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, and Val Kilmer, who plays a PI, has this gun.

JFrame
January 31, 2011, 04:34 PM
I have a NAA mini-revolver in .22 LR flavor, but now I have the itch to get one in .22 WMR. My quandary is whether to get the Black Widow, or to wait and see if the break-top Ranger goes into full production.

MCgunner
January 31, 2011, 04:53 PM
The black widow has novak sights and a 2" barrel and is quite accurate even at 25 yards. Until they come out with a black widow version of the top break, I'd go with the black widow. I can't see that reloading speed is an issue, personally, and if you want the top break for reload speed, you can buy the BW and a second NAA mini for what the top break costs and have a new york reload like I carry. :D I carry that little .22 even when armed with a bigger caliber gun. It's good insurance, rides in the weak side pocket. I stoke it with Federal Lightening as they're as accurate as anything in this gun, more accurate than most, and shoot to point of aim. I don't think there IS a .22LR round that out performs any other .22LR round out of a mini revolver, so I go with what's accurate and goes bang every time.

JFrame
January 31, 2011, 06:02 PM
The black widow has novak sights and a 2" barrel and is quite accurate even at 25 yards. Until they come out with a black widow version of the top break, I'd go with the black widow. I can't see that reloading speed is an issue, personally, and if you want the top break for reload speed, you can buy the BW and a second NAA mini for what the top break costs and have a new york reload like I carry. I carry that little .22 even when armed with a bigger caliber gun. It's good insurance, rides in the weak side pocket. I stoke it with Federal Lightening as they're as accurate as anything in this gun, more accurate than most, and shoot to point of aim. I don't think there IS a .22LR round that out performs any other .22LR round out of a mini revolver, so I go with what's accurate and goes bang every time.

Hey, MCgunner -- that's kind of how I was thinking, and EXACTLY the sort of input I was looking for.

Thank you, Sir! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

JFrame
February 2, 2011, 04:38 PM
MCgunner -- if you're still around this thread -- do you have the fixed or adjustable sights on that Black Widow with which you do such incredible 25-yard shooting?

Actually, just to open this up to any and all BW owners -- did y'all go fixed or adjustable, and why?

Thanx.

J

RandyC
February 2, 2011, 08:51 PM
They are cool looking little guns and I've been tempted. But I just can't justify buying a gun that, loaded with any reasonably effective defensive round, is no fun to shoot.

To me it is a face gun and would be fairly difficult to manipulate under extreme duress (meaning your adversary is close enough for you to stick that little gun in his face).

The mini revolver may be the answer to everyone elses needs, just not mine. Still, if you wanted to get me one for my birthday ...

Hoppes Love Potion
February 3, 2011, 02:01 AM
My Black Widow has the fixed sights, which are better for pocket carry. I don't really use them when shooting short distances (5-7 yards). Longest distance I've shot with the mini was 15 yards. I did okay, 3/5 on head shots using slow aimed fire.

There's a YouTube of a guy nailing balloons at 100 feet with a Black Widow.

JFrame
February 3, 2011, 09:23 AM
My Black Widow has the fixed sights, which are better for pocket carry. I don't really use them when shooting short distances (5-7 yards). Longest distance I've shot with the mini was 15 yards. I did okay, 3/5 on head shots using slow aimed fire.

There's a YouTube of a guy nailing balloons at 100 feet with a Black Widow.

Hoppes -- thanks much for the input.

I'm leaning toward the fixed sights, but I just want to do my "due diligence" of research before I -- pardon the phrase -- pull the trigger on a buy.

Hoppes Love Potion
February 3, 2011, 12:41 PM
I'd go with fixed sights if you intend to pocket carry. One other interesting option is the $99 Laserlite (a tiny laser designed for the NAA minis):

http://randywakeman.com/NAALaserBlackWidow.htm

JFrame
February 3, 2011, 01:43 PM
I'd go with fixed sights if you intend to pocket carry. One other interesting option is the $99 Laserlite (a tiny laser designed for the NAA minis):

http://randywakeman.com/NAALaserBlackWidow.htm

Thanks again, Hoppes.

The BW would be for pocket carry, so the fixed sight definitely seems like the better option.

That mini-laser is oddly cool... :cool: Kind'a defeats the purpose of a pared-down revolver -- but I might have to get one, for s's and g's. :D

skipbo32
February 3, 2011, 01:45 PM
great vid on this gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gscl5vPPsyc

JFrame
February 3, 2011, 02:22 PM
great vid on this gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gscl5vPPsyc

:D :D :D

I have an NAA mini in .22LR with the 1 1/8" barrel -- and I'm pretty sure I could have placed a hit with my second shot or so... :)

skipbo32
February 3, 2011, 02:35 PM
the guy in the video is a complete tool. i laughed so hard when i first saw the video. notice that after he finally hits it, he keeps dry clicking it like he thinks he has more bullets.

JFrame
February 3, 2011, 02:47 PM
the guy in the video is a complete tool. i laughed so hard when i first saw the video. notice that after he finally hits it, he keeps dry clicking it like he thinks he has more bullets.

Ha -- the wonder is that he wanted his exploits immortalized on Youtube... :scrutiny:

s2mason
February 4, 2011, 05:53 AM
My .22 mag is a daily front pocket carry. Why? Because I live 9 miles from the sun, here in AZ. Sometimes it's not the only gun I carry, but it's ALWAYS carried.

Brass Rain
February 4, 2011, 06:39 AM
I had been thinking of one day getting an NAA Mini Revolver as a backup CCW gun, but Randy C raised a good point. If it came to a time when I was in such a bad situation that I didn't have time to reload the primary or was dry and had to keep shooting, I don't know if I'd be able to manipulate the tiny gun and tiny hammer in order to actually be any more effective with it than a knife. That's a shame, because they're really neat. Might have to go with an LCP in stead.

Hoppes Love Potion
February 4, 2011, 01:03 PM
If the tool doesn't fit your hand, it won't do you much good. The mini LR frame is too small for me to hold properly. The Mag frame is better and with the larger rubber grips of the Black Widow, it locks into my hand like a vise.

So, if the frame and grips fit your hand, then the manual of arms should not be a problem. Working the hammer is just part of shooting the gun, like working the lever on a rifle. It soon becomes second nature.

Sure, we've all seen guys who can shoot a SA revolver or lever-action rifle blindingly fast, but generally they are slower than semi-autos. There's more of a human element and less required of the machine and the ammo. You're essentially saying that you can cycle the action yourself in exchange for some greater level of concealability, reliability, accuracy, ammo flexibility, or some other tangible or intangible thing." You may simply feel more attuned to the weapon, like some drivers who prefer a stick shift to an automatic. Bottom line: yes, it's an extra thing you have to do. It shouldn't be an issue for most people, but it's something to consider.

pezo
February 5, 2011, 11:07 AM
Skipbo. That video doesnt do the mini justice. people are praising cci maxi-mags which are a light high velocity bullet. I found them wildly inaccurate and had misfires. This is ammo related. I now carry and have teste 45 grain winchester dynapointes. No misfires, They are accurate and I have done makeshift penetration test and am happy with their performance.

TrakHack
February 5, 2011, 04:13 PM
I shot my .22 mag with a 1-1/8" barrel for the first time today. WOW was it loud!

I need to get better with the reloading process. I can't seem to align the pin with the cylinder and get the hammer into a safety slot smoothly. One if the guys I was shooting with had no problems, so it's clearly operator error.

I definitely like this little gun.

Wolfgang2000
February 5, 2011, 06:34 PM
TrakHack
I shot my .22 mag with a 1-1/8" barrel for the first time today. WOW was it loud!

I need to get better with the reloading process. I can't seem to align the pin with the cylinder and get the hammer into a safety slot smoothly. One if the guys I was shooting with had no problems, so it's clearly operator error.

I definitely like this little gun.

Want to be impressed? Do it at night!

First Big Foot
February 5, 2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
MCgunner -- if you're still around this thread -- do you have the fixed or adjustable sights on that Black Widow with which you do such incredible 25-yard shooting?

Actually, just to open this up to any and all BW owners -- did y'all go fixed or adjustable, and why?

Thanx.

J

My Black Widow has adjustable sights, which I had to noticably tap to the left about 25% of the way off center of the barrel. But doing that puts me in a palm at the 25 yards.
Friends have referred to it as a "Barker", meaning that it has quite a report.

In Your Service:
Roncor Woodclaver

Ryanxia
February 5, 2011, 07:15 PM
I had a NAA Pug-T .22 Magnum for a few years. One of the few guns I was willing to part with, just didn't suit any needs for me and wasn't worth the time it took to reload. Although looking back I probably could have thought of some paranoid spot in the house/truck to plant it :)

19&41
February 5, 2011, 08:48 PM
I would strongly suggest that if at all possible, try the pistol first before buying one. This is not meant to imply anything negative about it, but it doesn't fit everyones hand alike. My hands are big enough that in order to reliably fire mine, I need the holster grip. Otherwise, it tips up in the finger I can grip it with, and veg-a-matics my thumb. :D

JFrame
February 6, 2011, 12:41 PM
My Black Widow has adjustable sights, which I had to noticably tap to the left about 25% of the way off center of the barrel. But doing that puts me in a palm at the 25 yards.
Friends have referred to it as a "Barker", meaning that it has quite a report.

In Your Service:

Thanks, Big Foot -- appreciate the input! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

joneb
February 6, 2011, 01:07 PM
This looks pretty interesting, http://www.naaminis.com/breaktop_ranger.html
I wonder if NAA will make any variations of the Ranger.

Hoppes Love Potion
February 6, 2011, 01:44 PM
All the guys on the NAA forum who got breaktops love 'em. It is a cool old technology that sometimes makes me wonder why the swing-out cylinder ever became dominant.

One thing early owners have been asking for is a .22 LR cylinder option. I agree. The best thing about the breaktop is it allows much faster reloads than the removable cylinder design of the other minis. This allows for more effective use of range time or plinking time, but if you are limited to .22 Mag those quick reloads are quickly gonna become expensive - and LOUD!

JFrame
February 6, 2011, 07:00 PM
All the guys on the NAA forum who got breaktops love 'em. It is a cool old technology that sometimes makes me wonder why the swing-out cylinder ever became dominant.

I believe with its solid one-piece frame, the swing-out cylinder was inherently more sturdy, structurally, than the break-top, and could handle cartridges of greater pressure and power.

With the state of current metallurgy and engineering, I'm guessing there's no reason why a revolver of comparable structural integrity couldn't be designed...

If you enjoyed reading about "NAA Mini Revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!