Need help with holsters

PDA

onthecount
December 10, 2010, 10:37 AM
I have two handguns that are in need of a good holster. First is my Beretta 90-Two (.40 if that makes a difference). I want a drop leg holster for this gun. My concerns are #1-it has a laser sight/tactical light attached, so the holster has to have enough room for that as well. #2-I would also like the holster to have a spare mag pouch. #3-Probably the biggest concern is I'm not very big...I'm 6' tall but only 135# on a very good day (go ahead and laugh) so I dont want a holster that will be too big (I need the leg harnass to be tight). This is why I wont carry the Beretta as a concealed carry...I'm not big enough to conceal it, haha. The Beretta is basically my bedside weapon but I really like the drop leg holster for going out target practicing and such.

My second handgun is a Walther PPK (.380). This will be the concealed carry weapon since its a better size for my build. I was thinking of an IWB style holster. It needs to be something that can be retrieved quickly. I had a Fobus Paddle holster for my Walther P22 and it was the worst, it wouldn't release the weapon instead when I grabbed the gun, the holster came with it...dont want to run into that problem with a gun that my life may depend on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with holsters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
*Klutch*
December 10, 2010, 11:01 AM
Try these for the Beretta. Not a leg holster but very good holster and they make several that are drop offset(DOH).
People like Fobus for some reason, I hate them, I think they're cheap crap. There are too many holster companies that make a great holster for $50 or less for me to buy a Fobus. I personally make my own from kydex and they are great CC holsters and are OWB/IWB. Try Alabama Holster company for kydex but they are not that nice but very usable, Side Guard for leather or CrossBreed for hybrid style but these are about $70 for a Supertuck but worth every penny.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with holsters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!