Is "BHA PROOF" brass really for proofing?

PDA

evan price
December 12, 2010, 05:06 AM
In my piles of brass I came across a few marked "BHA PROOF"
This is in 44 Magnum and 357 Magnum.
I have seen other Black Hills brass that just says BHA.

Is this really "Proofing" brass? Or is it just hype? I've never bought any BHA ammo to see what they put it on.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is "BHA PROOF" brass really for proofing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
December 12, 2010, 08:57 AM
I found some .357 marked similarly. It had "proof" in it, but I can't remember the other part. I don't think it was BHA. I sent it to a brass collector who posts here. They like oddball stuff.

ReloaderFred
December 15, 2010, 02:00 PM
It's easier for a small company to make a small production run of specialty ammunition than it is for a very large one. I've seen the BHA Proof brass, and it's my understanding that it was loaded to proof load specifications in it's original loading.

If I remember, I'll ask them at the SHOT Show in January, but there's so much going on at the show, things sometimes don't get remembered, so no promises. Besides, their booth is always a busy one, since they give good stuff away, especially the bumper stickers and bags..........

Hope this helps.

Fred

If you enjoyed reading about "Is "BHA PROOF" brass really for proofing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!