Mo-Skeet-O

PDA

Ditchparrot
December 13, 2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone know of where I can get a thrower and targets?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mo-Skeet-O" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
December 13, 2010, 02:44 PM
Cabela's
MidwayUSA
Gander Mt.
Bass Pro Shops
Dick's Sporting Goods
Academy
Sports Authority
Big 5
Walmart
Sportsman's Warehouse
Brownell's
Sears
Overstock.com
Amazon.com
Black Bear Sporting Goods
Discount Gun Mart
Dunham's Sports
eBay
GunForAll
Hinterland Outfitters
LG Outdoors
Midwest Hunters Outlet
OpticsPlanet.com
Sierra Trading Post
Tactical Gun Armory

KosmicKrunch
December 13, 2010, 02:55 PM
Actual Mo-Skeet-O targets are long gone from Mfg. I have three boxes of them for use with the Crosman 1100 Trapmaster Shotgun as well as the plastic ringed indoor skeet targets. I would never shoot them though as they are valuable collectors items now. So is the crosman 1100, I have two of them we actually use.

They were also used for smooth bore .22 rifles and the smooth bore pistols made back in the day. BATF decided the .22 lr smooth bore pistol was a short barreled shotgun and they had to be taken off the market. Both the rifles and pistols often come up on gunbroker, although they go for small fortunes.

What folks are using now are "Ritz" crackers. Dunn Sporting Goods http://www.shopdunns.com/ were the only ones recently that had hand throwers as well as a conversion unit for a stationary thrower. They only throw ritz crackers though.

Once in awhile you will find em on gunbroker. The boxes of Mo-Skeet go for close to $80-$100 a box of 50.

They would be easy enough to make, just make a clay slurry and make a wood mold for the size and then bake them. We used to do this when we were kids. They just need to be baked enough to get dry. We would then spray paint them orange and yellow. 100 took us a short afternoon. Then we spent the next morning busting them with the 1100's.

cfullgraf
December 13, 2010, 05:33 PM
I have a trap, a few Mo-Skeet-O targets and a 22LR Remington pump with a Rutledge smoothbore barrel. Fun and challenging. Too bad the Mo-Skeet-O targets are no longer available but maybe I might look into making my own.

I modified the trap to throw Ritz crackers by attaching a cracker thrower to the throwing arm. The trap can be returned to original. Crackers don't fly very straight unfortunately. Targets need to be domed shaped for a better flight path.

The small clay targets used for sporting clays are too strong to be broken by the 22LR shot shells. Daisy makes some discs for bb guns and they also are too strong.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mo-Skeet-O" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!