XDM 9mm Compact

PDA

Doc_Holiday
December 16, 2010, 12:03 AM
Looking at purchasing a XDM 9mm compact, the 3.8 inch barrel with the shorter magazine ! Does anyone have any experience with this gun ? Any range reports ?

If you enjoyed reading about "XDM 9mm Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
walking arsenal
December 16, 2010, 12:25 AM
It is an excellent firearm that will provide you with many years of service. Mines on it's 6th year in my hands and I bought it used. I've had one failure to eject with it and that was with some steel cased ammo of questionable quality.

They also come with the new 13 round flush fit mags.

Doc_Holiday
December 16, 2010, 12:48 AM
walking, I think that you might have misunderstood me, you said that you've had one for 6 yrs.( Maybe you have the XD 9mm) It is my understanding that the XD(M) 9mm Compact just recently came out like in the last few months. It's the headliner on springfields website right now. http://www.springfield-armory.com/ or http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_1.html

IlikeSA
December 16, 2010, 01:34 AM
No experience with it, but I have heard good things floating through various forums about it.

walking arsenal
December 16, 2010, 10:07 AM
Ah, I see. It's an M series.

Mine is a sub-compact.

But I stand by it. XDs are great guns.

WRGADog
December 16, 2010, 10:32 AM
They are great pistols. All are accurate and reliable and come with a lifetime warranty. You will not go wrong with SA products.

XDM 40
XDM 9mm
XDM 9mm, 3.8
XD9sc
XD45c

Madcap_Magician
December 16, 2010, 11:27 AM
I can't imagine anything bad about it. There was no engineering change from the other XDms except for compact-size magazines and cutting some plastic off the grip.

skipsan
December 16, 2010, 02:03 PM
I've had one for a couple of weeks, and probably have a couple of hundred rounds through it. No issues or problems. Didn't expect any. I've only used factory, range RN ammo so far.

Side-by-side with the same ammo, on the same day, it shoots a little more accurately in my hand than an equivalent Glock 9, but not enough to get excited over. With the millions of Glocks out there and the billions of rounds through them, its hard to call the XD/XDMs as "Glock equivalent"s, but they're nice pistol at a good price with excellant Customer Service if you need it.

If you enjoyed reading about "XDM 9mm Compact" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!