BP revolver sights

PDA

rdstrain49
December 16, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have a couple of BPRs that shoot groups that rival my best bullseye guns. My question to you and me, is why are none of the revolvers regulated to shoot to point of aim? With my Pietta the problem is obvious. The barrel lacks a couple of degrees of being vertical. As a result, the weapon shoots about 8" left and a bit low. I guess I know the answer to my own question, but am just ranting, and wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I do have the Pietta shooting to point of aim, but you don't want to know how I did it. Enough of this, the temp is up to about 10 degrees above zero, it's time to get off the 'putter and go to the range:)

If you enjoyed reading about "BP revolver sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
junkman_01
December 16, 2010, 01:39 PM
Answer:$$$$$ :D

rdstrain49
December 16, 2010, 03:40 PM
I have heard that Uberti "Remingtons" have a dove tail front sight. Is this true? If so, that would be a great help.

junkman_01
December 16, 2010, 03:47 PM
Here's a close up of a Remington New Army from their website. It DOES have a dovetailed front sight!

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/images/callout_new_army_muzzle_lg.jpg

rdstrain49
December 16, 2010, 04:15 PM
That looks like it would be at least part of the answer.

Chawbaccer
December 16, 2010, 05:30 PM
I have an ASM 1860 that I could probably use a yard stick for the front sight and it would still shoot high.

rdstrain49
December 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Shoot low Sheriff, they're ridin' shetlands.

If you enjoyed reading about "BP revolver sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!