My Snakes. I LOVE Colt!!!

PDA

eazyrider
December 18, 2010, 07:01 PM
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq360/easyrider1984/DSCF0095.jpg

From the top. Anaconda, Python and Diamondback. One day I will have all of them. None are safe queens either. I just got the Anaconda and I have not shot it yet but I will, probably tomorrow.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Snakes. I LOVE Colt!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WillDe83
December 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
beautiful Colts you have there, I really really want to get a Python someday.

eazyrider
December 19, 2010, 12:17 AM
Without a doubt that Python is my favorite gun. It is superior to the others. They are fine revolvers but just don't compare to the Python. It is the one that sleeps in my nightstand. All the others stay in the safe. I really want to get them all one day. Do I need them? No. But damn I want them all. Just want to lay them all out and admire.:)

Lucky Derby
December 19, 2010, 12:19 AM
Very nice Colts. congrats.
Is the Anaconda a .44 or .45?

Guillermo
December 19, 2010, 12:22 AM
I am blessed to own some really nice revolvers. A 2.5 inch Diamondback is my daily carry. On occasion the 4 inch Python is on my belt. Even the old beater Cobra has a sweet trigger.

Are they superior to old Smiths...probably not. But they sure are sweet shooting guns.

eazyrider
December 19, 2010, 12:28 AM
Are they superior to old Smiths...probably not.
Blasphemy!!!!

eazyrider
December 19, 2010, 12:30 AM
The Anaconda is a .44 mag. Sweet gun can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. The only problem I have with it right now is that the finish seems to have a lot of swirls in it. You can see them in the pic. I have never had a stainless gun before so I really don't no how to get them out. I tried to wipe them down but it didn't help.

788Ham
December 19, 2010, 12:41 AM
I agree with you eazyrider, "Blasphemy" !!!!!!!:cuss: I have a 6" Python, smoothest shooting firearm I own, the action is as smooth as silk over a babies bottom!! Nice looking set of snakes eazy, I once had a 4" snake, can't go on and tell what happened to it, breaks my heart.:(:(:(

788Ham
December 19, 2010, 12:44 AM
Missed reading the last part of your comment eazy. Get some Mother's Mag Cleaner and "gently" try to rub out those swirls, don't use a Dremel tool!!!!!! Just a soft rag to remove the swirls, its worked on scratches on my 629, its not a mirror finish, but looks nice.:cool:

eazyrider
December 19, 2010, 01:02 AM
Sweet, I will try that. It is really bothering me. Thanks.

Guillermo
December 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Hey guys...I mix cocktails of Colt Blue Kool-Aid and Tito's Handmade Vodka...so don't call me a pagan (or is that heathen?) because I acknowledge that S&W made some great revolvers.

22-rimfire
December 19, 2010, 11:33 AM
Somebody polished it up which more than likely caused the swirls.

I guess you know that the stocks/grips on the Python and Diamondback are not factory original. Great guns however. I put grips like that on my Python... heck, it might be the same gun..... as I sold it a number of years ago with those grips.

AirForceShooter
December 19, 2010, 11:37 AM
Old colts (1960's) are pieces of art.

Lately not so much

AFS

Buck Snort
December 19, 2010, 02:41 PM
My 6" Anaconda in 44 mag. is a sweet gun and I wish I'd had the good sense when I bought it to get a 45 Colt version as well. :banghead:

Erik M
December 19, 2010, 05:16 PM
One of the first revolvers I ever had the chance to shoot was an ex-girlfriends grandmothers "purse gun". It wasnt until years later I realised that it was a Colt Diamondback very much like the one you have pictured. You have a very attractive collection.

Sniper X
December 20, 2010, 04:33 PM
I have had a six inch and ow a 2.5in Python. I'll never sell the 2.5in unless someone offers me great clams for it!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/132/l_caba523d629f4323989ddca964f63aa1.jpg

and the six inch,

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/l_076fe898e93847a5b873590157f62d38.jpg

DrLaw
December 21, 2010, 07:11 PM
They say that somebody is snake-bit if they act a bit weird as if poisoned. Yes, I guess that a Colt fan might be that way, until they come to their senses and try a Smith & Wesson Model 27.

That said to stir stuff up here. :evil: I have shot the Python way back when. By chance and circumstance I got a Model 27. I think that both have silky smooth actions that make these guns the envy of all, but the Smith has that point of just about to shoot that you can feel and use to shoot as if it was a single action. Colt, as I recall, did not have that.

Still, I would not turn down a Python, and those guns pictured are some pretty nice pieces. Thumbs up. :D

The Doc is out now. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "My Snakes. I LOVE Colt!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!