My birthday present to myself

PDA

scottishclaymore
December 20, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hey everybody!

I've been saving for several months to purchase a 3" .357 Magnum as my daily carry piece (as soon as my CHL arrives...). I'm a big guy and the size and weight of the gun is not so much an issue, but I like double-action revolvers and I like the .357 Magnum caliber.

My hard work and patience payed off Saturday, when I picked up a lovely 3" fixed-sight Ruger GP100, NIB, for about $510 (after sales tax). Needless to say I am pretty excited. I'm in the process of doing a full review right now, but before I take it out to the range I want to get some real concealment grips on it (these Hogues will never do for carry). I've got a set of Eagle Secret Service grips on the way now, so as soon as they arrive I'll get it out to the range and do Part II of the review. I plan on this being my project gun for the next year or so, and when I'm done I hope to make it into the "ultimate" carry gun - for me, anyway.

Part I of the review, along with a not-very-impressive photo, can be found here. (http://jibenow.com/gentlemanadventurer/2010/12/20/the-ultimate-carry-revolver-pt-1/) Once the rosewood grips get here I'll get some really nice pictures taken.

Stay safe,
SC

If you enjoyed reading about "My birthday present to myself" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GUNKWAZY
December 21, 2010, 07:18 AM
Congrats and Happy Birthday.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Enachos
December 21, 2010, 07:38 AM
VERY nice purchase. I myself love Ruger revolvers. The SP101 being my favorite, of course!

Get you some ammo and head down to the range!

If you enjoyed reading about "My birthday present to myself" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!