Dragoon repro.

PDA

dogrunner
December 22, 2010, 02:28 PM
Friend just purchased what appears to be one of the Colt repro's of a 3rd model........I'm not at all sure, but lacking real expertise thought I'd post hereon.

No photo, but the piece appears unfired, bears the Sam Colt, N.Y. address on the top flat, has Colt Patent on the left receiver side. Engraved cylinder with the markings of Colt and one segment with "USMR".

Ser.# 296XX.............did some cursory research relative to that number and the source I accessed only listed to '78 & that # clearly indicates a newer gun...............Anybody help??

If you enjoyed reading about "Dragoon repro." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fingers McGee
December 22, 2010, 08:48 PM
2nd Generation Colt BP 3rd Model Dragoons with serial numbers between 25100 and 34500 were made between 1980 and 1982. The serial number of 2nd Gens will be on the frame, barrel, wedge, triggerguard, cylinder, arbor, and penciled within the backstrap channel of the walnut grip. The last four numbers of the serial number will be on the backstrap.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dragoon repro." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!