Availability of #11 percussion caps

PDA

Snowdog
December 23, 2010, 06:04 AM
Are #11 percussion caps still difficult to find or is that dry spell behind us now?

I ask as my local Walmart has plenty of them (Winchester, magnum) for $5 and change for a tin of 100. Though I have no intentions to hoard, I would likely pick up a couple more tins if they're typically hard to find as I plan on shooting my Pietta Remington 1858 and Zoli Zouave some this year.

If you enjoyed reading about "Availability of #11 percussion caps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shultzhaus
December 23, 2010, 07:11 AM
Alas, I am stocking up. If the "antis" ever start their plan to curb ammunition instead of guns, that might include caps. Our percusion rifles, and C&B revolvers would become wall hangers. Flinters could still be used, until they also outlaw BP.

kwhi43@kc.rr.com
December 23, 2010, 01:47 PM
Buy them when you find them. I only have 15,000 and looking for more.

ak-kev
December 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
We sell them for 6.00 at the gun store where I work. No shortage of then at all around here.

scrat
December 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
shoot i bought over 5000 of them when the availbiltiy went south. still sitting on a good amount

TheRodDoc
December 23, 2010, 04:06 PM
I just bought some at local store for $4.42 / hundred. and $4.00/ hundred for whole box of 1000.
I asked if they were still making a profit at that price and he said they were.

You guys that are hording them and ignoring the price are just hurting yourselves.
The owner of this store said, If very many people came in and kept buying all he had that he too would also keep raising the price till they quit buying them. No matter what the caps cost him. Easy money!

clancy12
December 23, 2010, 06:32 PM
Last week, I went to the local Cabelas and they were out of #10s but they had a ton of #11s (Rem and CCI). Must not be too scarce.

Snowdog
December 24, 2010, 09:09 AM
This is all very good news to hear, thanks!

I guess I can stop reading up on how to make my own percussion caps now. :o

If you enjoyed reading about "Availability of #11 percussion caps" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!