Gun Control 101

PDA

iapetus
December 26, 2003, 05:48 PM
One obvious solution is to make them illegal. If that doesn't work then, er, make them more illegal. Oops, sorry, I forgot, the government tried that and it didn't work. How about banning people from wearing clothes, so they can't hide a gun if they have it?
Dave Tankard, UK

(That was from a discussion somewhere on the BBC website. I think that pretty much sums up a lot of the gun-control arguments :) )

PS That's at www.bbc.co.uk, but I can't remember the url of the actual page.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Control 101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
QuickDraw
December 26, 2003, 11:34 PM
I think thats how the powers that be in California think.
"If we make them double,super illegal....."

QuickDraw

Zach S
December 27, 2003, 01:22 AM
I think we should ban guns, just like we did alcohol.

We all know how that worked out...

rdbrowning
December 28, 2003, 11:01 PM
Why don't they make drugs illegal too? Then there wouldn't be any problems would there?

Ky Larry
December 28, 2003, 11:08 PM
Merely passing laws will regulate morality. Now there's an original thought.:rolleyes:

P95Carry
December 28, 2003, 11:16 PM
What is one of the most predicatable consequences of bans ..... ?? (IMO).

The ''commodity'' cost goes up (does NOT miraculously disappear!) ..... and the black market fat cats get rich.

DJJ
December 29, 2003, 12:41 AM
Which is really why Ted Kennedy supports gun control. After all, it was Prohibition v1.0 that made Daddy Kennedy his fortune, and got John, Bobby and Ted their jobs. :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Control 101" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!