Shot cartridge for rifle

PDA

romel
December 27, 2010, 05:45 AM
I was thinking able to go to hunt small birds with my rifle Hawken of .45 and i prepared some cartridges for firing power with the canyon scratched. I have very good result....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6pwEg7mSf0

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot cartridge for rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Loyalist Dave
December 28, 2010, 08:29 AM
Very good luck to you, for the rifling will probably thow the shot very wide beyond 8 meters.

LD

Sunray
December 28, 2010, 08:32 AM
Shot fired out of a rifled barrel, of any kind, flies in a spiral and gives patterns with big holes.

sansone
December 28, 2010, 08:35 AM
as previously posted, shot will spread very quickly. You will need to get close enough to hit the bird with a stick.

45-70 Ranger
December 28, 2010, 09:13 AM
I agree with other replies. Did this years ago with a .50 cal. Results were not too good. I did have fun with it though. Try to find some shotgun wads that fit your bore. That might help. I was using cards to hold things in place and the shot was all over the place.

Adios,

Wade

BHP FAN
December 28, 2010, 10:13 AM
I used the paper or cardboard tubes that you find on the bottom of some clothes hangers with pretty fair results. My theory is that it protects the shot from the rifleing...don't try it in summer though, or if you do be darned carefull... you could start a fire....

romel
December 28, 2010, 09:00 PM
Since the i tested with my Hawken .45 and has left quite well, a 25-meter diameter is about 70 centimeters and the grouping a little irregular. The rifling has to be long to serve (1:66)
The trick is that the paper used thick to protect the shot of the movement gyro.

SixxshootinSam
December 28, 2010, 09:12 PM
Romel did you have a lot of paper left in the barrel? Looks like some pretty thick paper.
Very neat video tho, wish I could understand what you were saying.

romel
December 29, 2010, 04:19 PM
Romel did you have a lot of paper left in the barrel? Looks like some pretty thick paper.
Very neat video tho, wish I could understand what you were saying.
In the canyon is not any other role because to be located the cartridge ahead of the blackpowder leaves everything with the blast.

scrat
January 2, 2011, 04:36 PM
Making those paper cartridges was pretty cool. Now if i can just get the english version. i watched it twice.

Cosmoline
January 2, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'd be very interested to see test patterns with these.

Old Time Hunter
January 6, 2011, 11:55 AM
Try loading your shot using a sabot with a patch over it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot cartridge for rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!