titles..

PDA

Mike Sr.
December 27, 2010, 02:04 PM
I WISH Santa Claus would hightlight post's that I've read in a different color so it would be easier :banghead::banghead: to go back and find it ......:D:D

If you enjoyed reading about "titles.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexasRifleman
December 27, 2010, 02:37 PM
Email the vBulletin software developers and ask them to add that feature.

Mal H
December 27, 2010, 02:43 PM
Mike Sr. - since we're here Tech Support, let me ask you a tech question:

You were one of about 50 who couldn't login or stay logged in. I sent you an email this morning with suggestions. What fixed the problem? We're trying to find the best solution to the problem so others who are having the problem can get back in with as little hassle as possible.

rocky1
December 27, 2010, 03:36 PM
I WISH Santa Claus would hightlight post's that I've read in a different color so it would be easier :banghead::banghead: to go back and find it ......:D:D

Two methods possible, if you posted in the thread...

Click on your name, either in a post or up in top right corner. That'll take you to user profile. Over on the left click on "Statistics", "Find All Posts" . Sort through until you find it.

You can also use the search feature... Click on "Search", "Advanced Search", search by keyword or user name, and then go down to the forum you are looking for and select it in the subscribed forums list. That should bring a list of all threads in that particular forum containing the keyword or user name you are searching for.

---------------

Not the easiest method, but your computer would have to hold a cookie indefinately for every thread you read, is the reason they don't do it. It does set temporary cookies for that, but it doesn't hold them for eternity.

---------------

If it's something you seriously want to track, subscribe to the thread, or save the URL to favorites while in the thread, (click on "Favorites" at the top of your browser and select "Add to Favorites"), or right click and hold on the little icon next to the URL in the address bar and drag it to your "Links" or "favorites" bar on your web browser, or to your desktop.

If you want to save the thread at a particular point you left off reading, right click the number of the post where you left off, this should open that post as a single post, and save the URL of that post to favorites. When you click on the link to go back and open that post, you simply click the "Thread" link in the top right hand corner to return to that post in the thread.

And, yes... you will need to clean those up occasionally!

Yeah, it's not as easy as what you suggested, I know, but it doesn't eat up a whole bunch of room on your computer, and slow your internet down with all those cookies stored. ;)

Wolfebyte
December 27, 2010, 05:42 PM
Mike Sr. - since we're here Tech Support, let me ask you a tech question:

You were one of about 50 who couldn't login or stay logged in. I sent you an email this morning with suggestions. What fixed the problem? We're trying to find the best solution to the problem so others who are having the problem can get back in with as little hassle as possible.

I was one of those 50 or so.. it was strange.
I would log onto the main page. :cuss:
click a link to a sub forum and it was pointing to the .us domain name, asking me to log in again.

it never accepted the login, nor the cookie over 1 page .

I finally ended up using a specific google search for the .org subject I was looking for.

It seems to be working now..

Mike Sr.
December 27, 2010, 08:41 PM
Mal H...

In your email you sent me info about a link so.....;
--- I closed all my 'windows'
---then I re-opened to my web page: yahoo.com.
---then I copy'd and pasted the link and searched.
---A new listing for THR showed up.

Then I deleted my in my FAVORITES, the old THR listing... After delete-ing
I opened the new link, as soon as the new listing for THR came up I tried logging in and it worked...

I am not 'tuned' enuff to understand COOKIES...other than understanding Chocolate-Chip cookies.... :o)

==========================================================

Please delete all of your "thehighroad" cookies (.org and .us), close
your browser and try again, but go directly to thehighroad.org. That
has worked for several members having the same problem.

BLUE ='S OLD

RED ='S NEW

MMCSRET
December 27, 2010, 08:44 PM
To gain a full and complete understanding of cookies, call Famous Amos!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "titles.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!