Pedersoli fllintlock kit:What to I need to complete this project

PDA

Snowdog
January 2, 2011, 09:27 PM
To complete my Pedersoli Harper's Ferry kit, what materials I should buy for best results (what grit sandpaper, etc)?

I'm sure I can figure out what I need, but if anyone has suggestions or tips/tricks, I sure would appreciate it. I am most curious how to sand and/polish the brass and barrel. Is Flitz something that would be helpful here?

I have a drill and dremel, but I'm presuming those aren't advisable on these kits, but I could very well be mistaken.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pedersoli fllintlock kit:What to I need to complete this project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
January 2, 2011, 09:32 PM
I prefer scrapers over sandpaper. I also stay away from dremels or drills. I do use emery paper on the barrel and it is wrapped over a file (or a piece of wood).

Snowdog
January 2, 2011, 11:29 PM
I hadn't thought of scrapers, but that makes quite a bit of sense. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Pedersoli fllintlock kit:What to I need to complete this project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!