Good deal on Systema 1927?

PDA

txgunsuscg
January 4, 2011, 07:58 PM
Found a Systema on Gunbroker for $580. It is re-finished, but all the numbers match. It is one of the Army models. The seller offers a 3-day inspection period, and has excellent feedback. Is this a good deal? I don't mind the re-finish, I'm mostly looking for a gun with a "story" that I can shoot some.

If I do go ahead and get it, what should I look for during the inspection?

Thank you for all your help!

If you enjoyed reading about "Good deal on Systema 1927?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rex B
January 4, 2011, 10:43 PM
Since no one else is chiming in....

That price may be a bit high. If it's a refinish I'd bet it's one of the Lipsey imports, that were worn and rusted. I've bought two of them and I like them, but they were $250 as-is, and $450 got me a refinished sistema with nite sights, beavertail, and trigger job, plus a holster, 5 mags and some ammo. this was early last year IIRC

But if it were a nice blued finish with sharp edges, matching numbers including both mags, I'd give that in a heartbeat.

If you shop around you can find a nice late-model Colt for the same money.

gun addict
January 4, 2011, 10:44 PM
no, way too high

nwilliams
January 5, 2011, 12:33 PM
Since it has been refinished I also agree that the price is a bit steep. You could probably find one in original collectors condition for around $700.

I'd love to own one but I'm going to wait until I see one selling locally for a reasonable price.

KodiakBeer
January 5, 2011, 03:56 PM
Here's an unrefinished one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=210035988

Birdmang
January 5, 2011, 04:02 PM
I have an original with no import marks, its an army one so it looks way different than the gunbroker one. I traded a mismatched nazi p38 for it so it was a great deal for me but idk the value.

Rex B
January 5, 2011, 10:29 PM
Spend you money bidding on that Gunbroker listing. nice Sistema

Mad Magyar
January 6, 2011, 08:16 AM
TXGun.., look closely at the breech-face on older Sistemas. Many are slightly concave due to Armory storage where a steel rod was used for the rack.
I've had as many as five Sistemas, mostly collected the Air Force & Naval models and had two that had the problem. I was fortunate that it was remedied by an experienced gunsmith (Tripp) years ago.
To the price, look some more; high IMHO...:)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/veritas2369/OstrichShots001.jpg

Madcap_Magician
January 6, 2011, 10:35 AM
Well, it's not an atrocious price. The price on the Sistemas has gone up of late. A lot of people, myself included, who got one 3-5 or even 10 years ago paid a lot less, but for today's prices it's not too bad.

Drail
January 6, 2011, 06:15 PM
As MadMagyar stated, do not consider one of these guns unless you can visually inspect the breechface. I have had to replace slides for customers on these guns from being stored on a steel rod through the bore by the miltary armory. They are great guns if you can find one that has not been abused. I think that price is rather high.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good deal on Systema 1927?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!