Looking for a top quality vernier sight

PDA

Sandy50
January 4, 2011, 09:55 PM
Evening Friends,

I am seriously searching for a top quality vernier sight, at least within my budget to not exceed $400-$500. I have read much about Baldwin, Shaver, Distant Thunder, and of course Kermit Hoke. I am leaning toward the Hoke for many reasons, but I would appreciate the experiences from you folks out.

Best regards,

Sandy

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a top quality vernier sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
eastbank
January 5, 2011, 07:12 AM
i have a pedersloi 74 in 45-70 and put the pedersoli long range creedmore tang and globe with bubble level front sight. it works well,but there are a few things i have had to work with. the sights you mentioned are better,but do cost more. eastbank.

Fingers McGee
January 5, 2011, 05:22 PM
I've got one of Lee Shaver's on an H&R Offficers model Springfield. It is dead on accurate and repeatable. Havent tried sights made by the others you mentioned to compare though.

PRM
January 5, 2011, 05:59 PM
Dixie Gun Works has a couple to choose from.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=ce2edc7ace51359933208489f17823f2&keywords=vernier+sight&x=5&y=6

Jim Watson
January 5, 2011, 10:50 PM
I use Baldwin. The guy who got me into BPCR uses mostly MVA.

I bought a rifle that came with a Stevens sight. It looked like good quality but I was already used to the service rifle adjustments of the Baldwin and sold it to fund another Baldwin.

I see a number of the Kelley sights on the line, with color case steel and bright brass, they are pretty.

A Lee Shaver Lee Shaver is good but I started out with one of his economy conversions of an inexpensive import and outgrew it. His Soule windage drum was fine, but the cheapo elevation was erratic.

Shultzhaus
January 8, 2011, 06:22 AM
Got mine from Track of the Wolf. Cabela also has a few.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a top quality vernier sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!