Is there any good quality berdan-primed .30-06 around?

PDA

1KPerDay
January 5, 2011, 05:42 PM
I have the sick desire to shoot a Garand in a 3-gun match and would prefer to use brass I didn't feel bad about losing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there any good quality berdan-primed .30-06 around?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tyeo098
January 5, 2011, 05:48 PM
I havent had any problems with 'Russian Man' -06 thats new production berdan stuff. Might be steel cased though. Wicked muzzle flash outta my Remington 700.

EDIT: I call it Russian Man because the box has a picture of a guy shooting a hunting rifle on it, and its russian ammo haha, I think Tula makes it.

Liberty1776
January 5, 2011, 08:47 PM
I recommend the Greek Surplus ammo. It's not Berdan, but it's pretty accurate, clean and reliable, and cheap enough you won't' care...

1KPerDay
January 6, 2011, 01:12 AM
I have a bunch... and I care. :(

goon
January 6, 2011, 12:55 PM
Do you have any brass that's already been reloaded five or six times?
Should be getting close to the end of its useful life, so load it up and leave it on the ground.

1KPerDay
January 6, 2011, 01:18 PM
Nope, don't have a reloader yet. Just saving brass/components.

rondog
January 6, 2011, 01:54 PM
Do some more research, Berdan .30-06 is out there.....I've picked up a few of them here and there in my brass scrounging. After breaking a decapping pin, I'm now in the habit of looking in all "found" cases with a penlight first, to check the flash holes.

Justin
January 6, 2011, 02:16 PM
I have the sick desire to shoot a Garand in a 3-gun match and would prefer to use brass I didn't feel bad about losing.

You're a sick, sick man. :D

If you're going to run a Garand, it's a lot like shooting a revolver or single-stack 1911 in IPSC. If your feet are moving, reload!

Dionysusigma
January 6, 2011, 02:47 PM
You're a sick, sick man. :D

If you're going to run a Garand, it's a lot like shooting a revolver or single-stack 1911 in IPSC. If your feet are moving, reload!
Topping off a Garand in mid-bloc isn't exactly... quick. :D However, anyone who runs a Garand, Ithaca 37, and USGI-pattern 1911 in 3 Gun will win even if he places further down the list. ;)

1KPerDay
January 6, 2011, 02:55 PM
I was also thinking of running an Ishy Enfield... :uhoh:
Do some more research, Berdan .30-06 is out there

Kay... thanks...

lencac
January 6, 2011, 06:33 PM
What's the big deal .............. just throw the brass away if you don't want to keep it :rolleyes: Jeez

Justin
January 6, 2011, 06:36 PM
I was also thinking of running an Ishy Enfield...

I've seen someone run an Enfield at a Tactical Rifle Match. :D

Robert
January 6, 2011, 07:59 PM
I've seen someone run an Enfield at a Tactical Rifle Match.
At least he did well on the bayonet course...

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there any good quality berdan-primed .30-06 around?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!