Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter

PDA

jaso1118@gmail.com
January 6, 2011, 12:12 AM
I have a TC Encore and love it.. I just perchased a .22 lr barrel for it. I was wondering if any one could tell me what the best .22 lr ammo shoots the best with it. I am interested in sub-sonic and non-subsonic. Thank you in advance. jaso1118@gmail.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Craigman
January 6, 2011, 10:33 AM
buy every kind and tell us what how YOUR gun shoots. they are all different

Kristensdaddy
January 6, 2011, 12:15 PM
Is it a T/C barrel or other Mfr. I have a Match Grade Machine barrel for my .22lr encore. It likes everything I have put into it so far. From the Wolf custom stuff to the Federal bulk pack.

Haven't really spent a lot of time tweaking every brand yet but for my shooting skills, anything seems to work.

PapaG
January 6, 2011, 05:30 PM
There is no way for anyone to tell you what will work best in your barrel. You can narrow the field down, however, by starting with "match" ammo and not wasting your time on bulk pack stuff or promo ammo if you are looking for tight groups.

My G2 and my Contender, both with match barrels and chambers, shoot Wolf Match Extra, Federal Gold Medal Match, and Eley Tenex (some really old stuff) into an inch at a hundred yards on a really calm day. (And if I'm on my game).

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!