Harpers Ferry is constructed, now how to clean it?

PDA

Snowdog
January 6, 2011, 06:20 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5328449049_9e772f29d1_z.jpg

So, I put the Pedersoli Harpers Ferry together, received both my Goex FFFg and FFFFG powder and 4 flints (2 English and 2 French from Track of the Wolf).
I also have .570 round ball, .010 Wonderlube patches and some .575 Minie ball from my Zouave.

There still a bit of sanding and finishing left to be done, but I'd like to put a few round ball though this flintlock since I believe I have all I need.

How do most folks clean their flintlock pistols? I'm planning on removing the barrel tang screw, the barrel pin (and ramrod) to remove the barrel for easier cleaning. I guess I need to remove the barrel lug too to keep moisture from hiding there.

Is there a quick and easy way to clean these pistol or is it really this methodical every time?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Harpers Ferry is constructed, now how to clean it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
junkman_01
January 6, 2011, 07:40 PM
If you want it to last, clean it just the way you mentioned

If you enjoyed reading about "Harpers Ferry is constructed, now how to clean it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!