AK-47 Gas tube help/question with pics

PDA

AR27
January 6, 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi, I just bought my first AK and its an Arsenal SGL21. I disassembled it and now im not sure if i installed the gas tube correctly. Should those holes be visible that are in the pics? Also is the gas tube supposed to seat against that little metal notch in the pictures? Im supposed to be shooting this tomorow morning for the first time and would like it if the rifle does not blow up in my face so any help is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-47 Gas tube help/question with pics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AR27
January 6, 2011, 09:55 PM
more pics

wally
January 6, 2011, 09:56 PM
It only goes together one way. The holes vent the gas after it hits the piston. No problem.

AR27
January 6, 2011, 10:05 PM
thanks wally, the only ak i had ever touched before mine was one that was left by some insurgent. So i dont know moot about them. thanks for the help

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-47 Gas tube help/question with pics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!