Ulyanovsk .223 for an AR

PDA

Bonesinium
January 7, 2011, 12:20 AM
Does anybody shoot this through their AR?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM2907-1.html

$180 for 1000 rounds seems like a good deal if it will function well. I'm not worried about accuracy, just the ability to work without casings getting stuck and the like.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ulyanovsk .223 for an AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nathan
January 7, 2011, 12:34 AM
That should be good ammo for range fun.

greyling22
January 7, 2011, 01:57 PM
Looks just like the Tul brand ammo boxes I bought at cabelas a couple months back. I want to say wolf makes it but I can't back that up. Either way it shot fine and was reasonably accurate. I've only run about 60 rounds through my AR though so my sample size is small.

Quentin
January 7, 2011, 08:28 PM
It's dirty and a little underpowered but works fine for plinking in my AR. I bought 1K and use it. Looks like Wolf as Greyling said but I've heard there is a difference though I can't tell.

legumeofterror
January 7, 2011, 10:54 PM
Wolf in the black box is made by Tula. Wolf Military Classic is made by Uly.

wally
January 8, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'm on my third case of it, no issues with it in any of my ARs or Saiga .223 so far. Only difference I can see from Wolf is the different color box and the lack of the red primer sealant.

Good&Fruity
January 9, 2011, 12:50 PM
tagged.

Welding Rod
January 9, 2011, 02:30 PM
I wonder what it means when this is posted on the product page:

For quality issues and concerns please contact:
Lisa Weaver
info@tulammousa.com
888-317-5810 x4006

LKB3rd
January 9, 2011, 02:37 PM
It's dirty and a little underpowered but works fine for plinking in my AR. I bought 1K and use it. Looks like Wolf as Greyling said but I've heard there is a difference though I can't tell.
I just shot some of this today in my 20" ar and it was short stroking once per 5 rounds or so, and failing to feed the next round. Now, it isn't perfectly clean, but it is lubed. I shot some american eagle .223 and a full magazine worked fine. I plan to give it a thorough cleaning and try again (I bought a case because it was cheap) and I can report back.
Even so, except for the annoyance it worked fine, was accurate and for plinking I plan to shoot the rest of it no matter if I can get it to run hassle free or not.

JHansenAK47
January 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
It's dirty and a little underpowered but works fine for plinking in my AR.
+1
It's dirty stuff.

stubbicatt
January 10, 2011, 08:09 AM
Worked great in my Yugo. Ejected to a different spot, but at the short ranges I was shooting it, it struck the same point of aim.

Kwanger
January 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
I wonder what it means when this is posted on the product page:

For quality issues and concerns please contact:
Lisa Weaver
info@tulammousa.com
888-317-5810 x4006
It means exactly that; contact the person if you have any problems. I applaud them for providing a point of contact.

Regarding the ammo - it is alright, but it is on the weak side and somewhat inconsistently loaded. Have had a very few dud primers, but other than that no function problems at all. However, I prefer to pay an extra $15 or so per k and get Brown Bear, I think their product is better all around.

1KPerDay
January 10, 2011, 04:29 PM
Works fine in my AR and Mini.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ulyanovsk .223 for an AR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!