fun with my kimber pro carry today (@200yds)

PDA

FlyinBryan
January 7, 2011, 09:27 PM
my everyday carry pistol (texas chl) is a kimber pro carry II, and today i tried something new with it, shooting my regular target loads (5gns hp38, 230lrn)

for the most part we shoot @ normal distances but today my brother said "hey see if you can hit the trunk of that ole oak out there. (never shot a handgun, muchless a big slow 45 with a 4" barrel at anything much past 30-40yds) the tree is a good 70-80ft tall with a trunk that presented a target about 3' wide and 15ft or so tall.

took careful aim (15-20ft over intended p.o.i. :what:) and touched one off, and dirt flies up 3-4ft to the left of the tree, (shooting towards the north, 8-10mph north breeze) and quite a bit short (maybe 25yds short)

after 3-4 tries, and just adjusting my fire by where the sand was splashing, i finally started making clean hits @200 yds. :cool: ,,,, we were laughing so hard it was hard it was tough for me to even get shots off, lol.

the bullet impact was clearly audible, with a nice loud "CRACK!!!" and it seemed to take the sound forever to get back to us (it was probably only a couple of seconds or so)

if you havent tried shooting your pistols @ rediculous ranges, i highly suggest you try it!!!! its a lot of fun!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "fun with my kimber pro carry today (@200yds)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
knights_armorer
January 9, 2011, 10:46 PM
:what: 200 yards!?

How long has the Pro Carry been your everyday carry gun? How has it's reliability and accuracy been?

Walkalong
January 10, 2011, 11:13 AM
I used to shoot long distance at steel 55 Gal drums with my 1911 back in the old days when we could shot most anywhere outside the city limits.

Boom...............................................................thunk. Lots of fun. :D

The Bushmaster
January 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
knights armorer...I carry a kimber UCC II and I know of several others (some on here) that also carry a Kimber of various models. All are accurate and very reliable.

Flying Bryan and Walkalong are right. Playing around with long range shooting of a [stock] handgun is a blast. I especially enjoyed shooting a Colt SAA with 4 3/4" barrel at steel pigs at 200 yards. Boom........................................PING. Lots of fun.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "fun with my kimber pro carry today (@200yds)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!