Iron Sights?!

PDA

steyrACR
January 9, 2011, 03:29 PM
Before I get chastised for this, i will already tell you that this IS from a video game. Please, I don't care for anyone yelling at me or anything else, i'd rather no one say anything about it other than answering the question. I cannot identify these iron sights and this problem has been bugging me for days. These two pics are the ones i cannot identify:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-153797-1291728141.jpg

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-76368-1282754126.jpg

The first are the ones put on the game's version of the HK416, and I am nearly positive they are not the stock irons provided on the 416. Same rear, different front post.

The second are the ones put on the game's version of the FN SCAR-L, and I am not quite sure if they are the stock irons or not. If they are different, I do believe that it is the Rear Sight.

Any and all replies are appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iron Sights?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Cameron
January 9, 2011, 03:35 PM
chances are pretty good that the do not exist in real life.....and that they are drawn up in the animators imagination and put into the game....

Cosmoline
January 9, 2011, 03:46 PM
They are working now.

The first one looks like it was inspired by a Mosin/AK style post-and-globe, but the video designers shaved some pixels off the sides to make the post more pointy. The rear sight does not resemble any functional rear sight, and I think it's just there for reference. The notch is far too big to be effective.

The second one's rear sight resembles a flip-up aperture but it's as if the developers chopped off most of it to make it an ineffectual notch. I'm voting for does not exist on this one too.

Neither of them would be very functional IRL.

steyrACR
January 9, 2011, 04:13 PM
@M-Cameron
I had a feeling....that really sucks...cause i'd love to have them on my gun. I'd probably have to fabricate them if I ever wanted something like those.

@Cosmoline
Are you sure? They work when I click them.

vsteel
January 9, 2011, 04:35 PM
Looks to me a little like:

Sig Sauer Rotary Diopter Rear and Hooded Sight Set
http://www.ombexpress.com/p_GP792.aspx?source=GB10000

They might not be real, but most of the time VG designers take a lot of real life things and mix and match. So they could be real, just not on the weapon you have them on. Though the way games go these days a lot of times they really try and get the true representation of the weapons.

steyrACR
January 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
i already found those, thanks though! the problem about the sig's are that the front seems too circular and the ring seems too thick.

shrewd
January 9, 2011, 05:12 PM
all jokes about a 'serious question' about a video game, i have to say, i'm an avid gamer and the developers of the battlefield series (the game in question is battlefield: bad company 2) are generally pretty meticulous in their firearms. in fact the game itself is probably the best "realistic" first person shooter out there.

steyrACR
January 9, 2011, 05:26 PM
@shrewd
Which is exactly why i was playing it in the first place haha. I think its one of the better ones today, much more accurate than that crap game modern warfare 2. However, in line with what you said, they tend to be as precise and meticulous as possible when doing details on their weapons, which led me to suspect that the iron sights could possibly be real.

Cosmoline
January 9, 2011, 05:26 PM
I've found "Red Orchestra" to be a lot more realistic than the Battlefield series. Their Mosin practically *IS* a real Mosin. It feels like it's in my hands, handling almost exactly as it does in real life.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iron Sights?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!