Savage Model 93R17 magazine modifications

PDA

ILikeLead
January 10, 2011, 12:56 PM
Try as I might, I have been unable to come up with a solution for a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds for the Savage 93 in 17HMR or 22WMR. I have thought of cutting off the "stop" for the follower on the stock magazines which appear to be the limiting factor. Another option would be find an aftermarket extended mag, but I've yet to find anything.

Anybody out there able to load up more than 6 at a time???

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Model 93R17 magazine modifications" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LoonWulf
January 10, 2011, 02:00 PM
Dont do surgery on the folower, it dosent help i tried it. best I think you could do would be to cut the top off another magazine and tack it onto the bottom.

ILikeLead
January 10, 2011, 03:13 PM
Thank, Loonwulf. I would have wasted one without your shared experience. I may try to weld two together at some point..

Nobody have any aftermarket options??

mptrimshop
January 10, 2011, 03:18 PM
heck i would just like to find a place that sells the factory ones...i need some extras

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Model 93R17 magazine modifications" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!