Just got the new Cabela's...

PDA

ball3006
January 24, 2003, 01:15 PM
shooting catalog in the mail. Wow, they have really expanded their firearms and related stuff....chris3

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got the new Cabela's..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WilderBill
January 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hey Chris, I just came out of the...er, library, where I was reading it. Cool :cool:

10-Ring
January 24, 2003, 01:45 PM
Between that & the Victoria's Secret catalog, there's "reading" material for DAYS :evil:

kalibear45
January 24, 2003, 02:47 PM
LOL! :D

blades67
January 24, 2003, 02:56 PM
I received one also.

http://www.familyfriendsfirearms.com/vb/images/smilies/oops.gif My bad.

(Note to self, never look at new catalogs at two in the morning.) :o

Dave Markowitz
January 24, 2003, 03:48 PM
Blades,

The $19.99 price you quote is for FOUR .50 cal cans. They are $5.99 individually.

blades67
January 24, 2003, 05:01 PM
I guess I'll have to read the words. I just looked at the pictures apperantly.:banghead:

Poodleshooter
January 24, 2003, 05:14 PM
I get:
Cabela's shooting catalog
Cabela's Spring (fishing) catalog
Cabela's Master Catalogs (I&II)
Cabela's Waterfowling catalogs
Cabela's Archery Catalog
Cabela's Fall Catalog (hunting)
Cabela's Winter catalog
Cabela's Christmas catalog

It's a rare week that I don't get a Cabela's catalog.
BTW, get their credit card-w/ accompanying Cabela's merchandise points. It's a nice addition to my current sporting goods budget.

AZTOY
January 24, 2003, 05:21 PM
I got my catalog my too.

Want up with the AR-15 lower and .50 uppper?? page 101:uhoh:

JohnBT
January 24, 2003, 10:46 PM
At one time not too long ago I was on their mailing list under 3 variations of my name. That's right, 3 copies of every Cabela's catalog. It took years to get them to stop it. It got so bad my friends wouldn't even take anymore of the duplicate catalogs.

I recently received my first Cabela's fly fishing catalog. I have never fly fished or even bought any of that stuff from them.

John

Kahr carrier
January 27, 2003, 07:46 AM
:what:

WhoKnowsWho
January 27, 2003, 10:33 AM
I am really lucky. My work gives gift certificates for perfect attendance and Cabela's is one place they are good at. Lucky that catalog came to me and I decided to check out the certificate web site. Some nice stuff in there.

ed dixon
January 27, 2003, 10:43 AM
Huh. I just put mine down before I logged on. What're the odds? Okay, actually probably very good. Considering... gun board...shooting catalog... Gotta head over to coffee.com and let 'em know what I'm drinking.

V-fib
January 27, 2003, 02:36 PM
I've always had good luck buying from cabelas. I recently special ordered a Crimsom Trace laser from them as was able to use a $25 "good customer" credit that they sent me. They back their products and I have never had any problems with returns. Plan on going to their new store in Dundee MI this spring. Can't wait.

:cool:

BerettaNut92
January 27, 2003, 03:15 PM
How is their quality compared to LL Bean and other outdoorsey/hunting mail order stuff?

I take it they're very pro-gun?

Schuey2002
January 27, 2003, 03:34 PM
shooting catalog in the mail
I asked them to send me one of these and they sent their fishing/fly fishing catalogs..

Skunk, their clothing is pretty good stuff, but not quite up to the level of LL Bean,IMHO.. I ordered six quilted shirts (both Cabela brand and a "lesser" brand) from them recently and most of the buttons fell off the "lesser" brand shirts within a week. Plus, the Cabela shirts have all shrunk from a size XL to what is now barely a large (and that was using cold water only).. :rolleyes:

Their service is excellent and the prices were pretty good. I guess the next time that I place an order from them, I'll stick to the higher end of their clothing line. :)

BerettaNut92
January 27, 2003, 03:41 PM
Should I request a catalog anyway? I like my RR stuff a lot but they have a small product line--no socks, underwear, and not many shirts that are passable for casual bidness, like LL Bean does.

Schuey2002
January 27, 2003, 03:58 PM
Should I request a catalog anyway?
Go for it. Their Spring 2003 catalog is high quality and it's packed full of neat things to look at..

Everything from $700 Shimano Stella fishing reels to bulk S&B shotgun ammo.[not a whole lot of gun stuff in this catalog though]

Also, their clothes are always on sale, if not now, wait awhile and they will be.. Don't forget to check out their website as well..

Shalako
January 27, 2003, 04:46 PM
I am pretty impressed with this latest Shooting Catalog. All sorts of new stuff in there that was not in the last SC. Did anyone see the switch barrel derringer or the adjustable AK trigger? Damn! Too many ways for a guy to part with his money. I gotta stop looking in those things.

-Shalako

BerettaNut92
January 27, 2003, 07:10 PM
Saw this on their frontpage and couldn't resist:
http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/home/images/coyote.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got the new Cabela's..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!