Colt Patent Capper fit?

PDA

AbitNutz
January 10, 2011, 07:46 PM
So as I'm sure you know to your utter boredom, I have an ROA.

I have read that the Colt Patent Capper (like this one http://www.peteholder.co.uk/imgdetail.asp?id=161) will not work on an ROA.

Of course, I'm talking about a reproduction, not the real deal. It looks like a really cool design. From what I can see, it has a windup mechanism.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Patent Capper fit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Noz
January 11, 2011, 12:10 PM
Don't know about the colt but the Ted Cash snail capper works well.

Fingers McGee
January 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
I've got a replica of the Patterson capper. It does look cool and will cap a Colt repro revolver, so it should work on an ROA. HOWEVER, my experience has been that the spring tension will spit caps out of the nose when capping a revolver. Mine will spit two or three caps out on the ground for every one seated on a nipple. I've relegated mine to being a pretty accessory in a cased set.

AbitNutz
January 12, 2011, 12:54 PM
Fingers: Thanks so much. I have a tendency to love "gizmos". The Ted Cash snail capper I have works really well but seems too simple for my "make it as complex as possible" mind.

I also have an aversion to plastic, polymer or other substandard metal substitute. So the see through plastic snail cappers just causes me to grimace and get hives.

There is nothing more appealing to me than an exotic metal, exquisitely machined into highly complex widget. however, it must actually work.

I have a titanium cased ships clock that is beautifully made and obscenely complicated....that doesn't keep time nearly as well as my mechanical East German military watch. Which appears to have been stamped out of old Polish beer cans.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Patent Capper fit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!