Single shot comparison

PDA

pwillie
January 11, 2011, 01:19 PM
I am looking at a Blaser K95 and a Merkel K1. Whats the difference between the two? Price is a little higher on the Blaser,but I am looking for input that can help me make up my mind. I have narrowed it down to these two rifles,so please no comments about a cheaper gun doing the same thing.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Single shot comparison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pwillie
January 12, 2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks for all the response,but I found that the designer of the Blaser,is also the designer of the Merkel K1...so one must be the same as the other?:rolleyes:

S. Hill
January 12, 2011, 11:25 AM
So you decided against the Dakota 10?

pwillie
January 12, 2011, 12:32 PM
I have already bought a 25-06 Ruger one in stainless,but also purchased a Merkel K3 in 257 Weatherby.The Blaser is also an option

Jim Watson
January 12, 2011, 12:41 PM
I saw that the lockup of the Blaser and Merkel looked awfully similar and then read that the Merkel was based on a 1906 design. It sure isn't your usual double Purdey underbolt with Greener crossbolt.

The mechanical design, length, and weight are so similar between the two, I would have a hard time picking without being able to handle them both side by side.
There is always the risk I would fall in love with the first I happened to get hold of. Or not like the feel of either, for that matter.

pwillie
January 12, 2011, 12:46 PM
I picked up and handled a Merkel K1,and the balance is remarkable!It had a scope (Kahles) and felt true to the point.I guess the Blaser would be mostly the same.

oneounceload
January 12, 2011, 01:03 PM
You might also want to look at :

http://hoferwaffen.com/hofer_1.php?lang=en

http://www.jagdwaffen-ollendorff.com/index.php?node=1&lang=EN

BrocLuno
January 12, 2011, 07:22 PM
I think they are both nice. Which one "fits" your shoulder and eye better?

SaxonPig
January 12, 2011, 07:50 PM
Again? How long you gonna think about this? I thought weight was your primary concern so buy the lightest one... and be done with it.

pwillie
January 12, 2011, 11:36 PM
Last I heard it was my dime to spend Saxon ole Boy!So take an aspirin and keep reading the results....;)

SaxonPig
January 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
Got better things to do... old boy.

Geno
January 13, 2011, 12:50 AM
pwillie said:

Last I heard it was my dime to spend Saxon ole Boy!So take an aspirin and keep reading the results....

That was seriously rude. If you can't tolerate others' advice, don't ask.

JMHO,

Geno

pwillie
January 13, 2011, 08:48 AM
Geno,if you agree with Saxon Hog,you need to take a chill pill....the thread is about a rifle, not when I buy one!:D I would like to thank all who chimed in an added intelligent answers to my questions,Thanks, Willie

Bill B.
January 14, 2011, 09:46 AM
...........................................................................................................

If you enjoyed reading about "Single shot comparison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!