Pentax gameseeker scopes 3x9

PDA

OYE
January 12, 2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone had any experience with the 3X9 50mm objective precision plex reticle. Or any experience with the Pentax lifetime warranty, is it any good ?

Thinking about this scope on a 22 magnum. I typically use open sights on this gun, but occasionally I think I might like to try another scope. Sometimes I see this one on sale for well less than 100.00. Please keep comments to this particular brand. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pentax gameseeker scopes 3x9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BrocLuno
January 12, 2011, 06:15 PM
Can you point to the exact scope on sale somewhere? I have used a fair bit of Pentax gear including surveying instruments - but not one of their rifle scopes.

For a .22 - it's often best to have an adjustable objective so you can dial the parallax down to 50 ft or so. Not absolutely crucial, but pretty helpful.

OYE
January 12, 2011, 07:47 PM
That's all the info I have on the scope as far as a description. I haven't seen it called anything else.

OYE
January 13, 2011, 06:00 AM
Amazon has a 3 X 9 40mm Pentax Gameskeeper on sale for 65.00 and they have a 4 X 12
40mm Gameskeeper combined with 10 X42 binoculars both nitrogen filled and guaranteed waterproof for 74.50 . The dimensions of the scope indicate it would fit on my 22 Mag.
most scopes have a power ring selector that interferes with the bolt. This is why I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Pentax scopes or their customer service. I can't find any bad reviews on the binoculars. ???? I assume they are both made in China but so are my eyeglasses. I do seem to be shooting better with open sights lately so go figure that.

BrocLuno
January 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I have seen a few on sale lately myself. I can't tell if Pentax is pricing aggressively to get market share in the scope business or what. Their stuff is generally well thought out. I don't think I would have any problem buying at those prices :)

As far as bell clearance, that gets a bit trickier. If the power ring is the problem, just go with a fixed power scope. Zooms are nice, but they ain't necessary at all. Any 4x or 6x will be fine for a 22M. You are limited to 125 yds or so based on energy and trajectory.

GURU1911
January 14, 2011, 02:27 PM
During the 1990's i was an authorized dealer for "burris optics". I was informed by one of their sales-honcho's that pentax scopes were made by burris at their facility in greeley, co. I also found out by an insider at "simmons optical", that they made the scopes sold under the "thompson-center" brand. He emphasized that the thompson-center scopes were the "high end quality simmons".

If you enjoyed reading about "Pentax gameseeker scopes 3x9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!