Mossberg 4X4

PDA

brotus2
January 13, 2011, 07:45 PM
Just got serious about long range target rifle shooting a few months ago and have been shooting my '52 pristine Model 70 in 270. I've been thinking about a new rifle for a while to retire the 70 (sat in my safe for 25 years) and yesterday I got a whim and bought a NIB 4X4 off gunbroker for $300.00. The black gun disease one. Got it in 270 because I like the caliber and already reload for it.

Anybody have one and how do you like it. Thanks. And, one more question. Is 308 better than 270 for 500 yards or more?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 4X4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BrocLuno
January 14, 2011, 01:40 PM
I've been reading about this rifle. Seems like a good deal. There also seem to be a few folks who are making useful modifications to this one. Welding the two pieces bolt, rebuilding the trigger group for better performance.

This discussion seems to point to some real good info: http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/mossberg/41775-mossberg-atr-100-a-3.html :)

Col. Plink
January 14, 2011, 01:53 PM
I think you'll find that's a nice rifle for the money; even cheap glass will get it to MOA or better, but you'll see the shots start walking around after the first one off a cool (ambient) barrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 4X4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!