My BP Collection

PDA

WALKERs210
January 14, 2011, 07:59 PM
Not counting the rifles I have here are some of my favorite toys. Latest one received was today from kwhi4, 3rd Gen Dragoon. I love my Walker and others but the Dragoon seems to fit the hand best and balance is great. Now if someone will get this white stuff off the ground and raise the temp a bit I have a tree out back that I have been trying to shoot down.

If you enjoyed reading about "My BP Collection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bp_cowboy
January 14, 2011, 08:05 PM
NICE.... I like the looks of the muzzloaders......

Fingers McGee
January 14, 2011, 11:37 PM
Nice layout Walkers210.

StrawHat
January 15, 2011, 07:22 AM
Nice group of revolvers. I know what you mean about the handling of the Dragoon but wait until you try an 1860. As much as I like my Dragoons, the 1860 gets the most range and belt time.

madcratebuilder
January 15, 2011, 07:54 AM
The disease is just starting to take hold.

WALKERs210
January 15, 2011, 10:41 AM
Yes the disease has got full control, only cure is more Colts

madcratebuilder
January 16, 2011, 08:03 AM
A temporary fix.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/mycolts0709.jpg

BullRunBear
January 16, 2011, 08:30 AM
Madcratebuilder,

Thanks for posting the photo. It lets me show my wife I'm not the worst accumulator of C&B revolvers with only 5 of them. (So far.) Of course, there are still all the ML rifles, percussion shotguns, single shot pistols and accoutrements. :D

Jeff

PunkDude812
January 19, 2011, 06:41 PM
Madcratebuilder, that is a beautiful collection. Might I ask though, what is that smaller revolver (under the 62 pocket police) with the fluted cylinder and no loading lever? I've never seen one of those before. Damn pretty pistol though.

WALKERs210
January 19, 2011, 07:28 PM
I see that I've got my work cut out for me. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions which one next and then next.. Too many choices and not enough time.

Hanshi
January 23, 2011, 02:18 PM
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/hanshi_photo/Picture0369.jpgThese are very fine collections of bp handguns. Makes my only one look sad by comparison.

WALKERs210
January 23, 2011, 03:15 PM
Myamoto, collecting anything is like a statement I heard years ago and it applies to just about any thing. A journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step. I doubt that any one here just decided one day to go out and drop a ton of money for a complete collection unless they just happened upon someone that had inherited or stolen and just wanted to get rid of them. I have a fair collection, but nothing like others but I am very happy with what I have. Your Flint lock looks great and the wood is beautiful, myself I would love to have it hanging next to others I have. Just keep slugging the collection will build quicker than you might think.

Hanshi
January 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
I hear ya', Walker. I have owned two c&b revolvers and they were great. Nowadays what I really need is a small revolver with a short barrel preferably .36 cal. though I'd consider a .31. My others were .44s and splendidly accurate. I just need a companion piece for the woods and the occasional "coup de grace". The big flinter is a might large. I do admire your and the others tastes in revolvers.

StrawHat
January 24, 2011, 07:13 AM
Myamoto ... Nowadays what I really need is a small revolver with a short barrel preferably .36 cal. though I'd consider a .31...

Lots of short barreled revolvers in this thread

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=561800&highlight=1860+snubby

There are other snubby threads that came up in the search, the one I copied is just some food for thought.

You mention a short barreled 36, are you considering the 1851/1861 or the Pocket Police/Pocket Navy size?

Hanshi
January 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
Straw Hat, something like the Colt or Remy 5" in .44 or .36 would be the max size I prefer. Either would work for me. Better yet would be the smaller police .36s or even .31; something ideally under 25 oz. I just need something that would penetrate the back of a deer skull from a few inches away. I'm not at this moment in the market for one as another project is taking my time and $$. I will be asap, though.

arcticap
January 24, 2011, 02:55 PM
Due to the possibility of ricochet and fragments, I would worry about shooting a smaller caliber like a .31 from only a few inches away. :rolleyes:

Fingers McGee
January 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
Here are the latest ones I've added to my collection. 1970 vintage FIE Nickel plated 1851 Navies with consecutive serial numbers. Unfired with original boxes.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c86/fingersmcgee/FIEPair1.jpg

mykeal
January 24, 2011, 10:21 PM
Very nice. Congrats.

SC_Slowhand
January 24, 2011, 10:25 PM
Fingers

Two very nice additions there. I'm glad to see you're still adding to your collection.

WALKERs210
January 24, 2011, 10:35 PM
Fingers, hope you don't mind but I'm gonna use your pictures and post to make the wife feel sorry for me. Still have the same problem TOO MANY Choices and not enough time. Great looking revolvers you have there

Fingers McGee
January 24, 2011, 11:33 PM
Be my guest Walker. Hope it works. I've got some more pictures if you think it will help.

FM

Noz
January 25, 2011, 12:41 PM
If you like the way an 1860 Army handles, try one with a 5.5" barrel.

Heavenly!!!

Comes out of and goes back into leather like a dream and shoots where I look.

Pancho
January 25, 2011, 01:43 PM
Myamoto, I too am a fan of the small framed Colts especially the Police. I have two of them. I must add that they are fussy to shoot due mainly to jamming with capcrap. There are fixes for the problem but if I am going to carry a gun as a reliable shooter I'd prefer a 5.5" full frame Colt, Remington......or Spencer and Rodgers

kbbailey
January 25, 2011, 01:57 PM
I built a cheap kit '51 Navy Colt 'way back in my yout'.....shot it 'till some of the parts fell off.

.....bought a '58 Remington a couple of yrs ago, and haven't shot it yet. I know as soon as I do......I'll need a 5 1/2" ROA and leather and.....

If you enjoyed reading about "My BP Collection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!