America's First Freedom subscribers

PDA

answerguy
January 24, 2003, 03:06 PM
I just received the February 2003 issue, check out the ad that follows page #37 ( I guess we could call it page #38:p ). It's an ad for a hearing aid but my comment has nothing to do with the product. The hunter is shooting what I'm guessing to be a bolt action rifle in the offhand position. Is his stance, with the elbow up in the air, an accepted shooting style? I've never seen anything like it before.

If you enjoyed reading about "America's First Freedom subscribers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
January 24, 2003, 03:21 PM
I've seen people stand like that before. I don't do it and if they don't have a problem hitting their target I won't tell them to try anything different unless they ask.

voilsb
January 24, 2003, 03:38 PM
like this? http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/mak90.jpg

(picture taken from oleg's site, www.a-human-right.com)

shermacman
January 24, 2003, 03:42 PM
I am looking at the ad right now. It looks so awkward that I can only assume they went to a ad agency who sent some fop who waits table in between Broadway gigs. A guy who has never held a gun before but just loved wearing the clothes and couldn't wait to tell his buddies about the boots...I don't know anyone who shoots like that, elbows down and in is more stable. Same as boxing, same as karate.

answerguy
January 24, 2003, 03:46 PM
like this?

No, that is a perfectly natural looking stance, in the ad the point of his elbow was at the top of his head. I don't bend like that anymore.

If you enjoyed reading about "America's First Freedom subscribers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!