follow up to my anti-littering rant of last week

PDA

1KPerDay
January 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
see here for reference. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=565613

Well, I took one boy out there again to work on his clay-bustin' skills (he's getting better, and is doing really well with the Beretta 92) and we went quite a bit further up the mountain. After a while a Sheriff came up and checked out what targets we had set out. He said "so it's just those plastic bottles, and that cardboard box, right?" I said yep, and we always pick up our mess and recycle it, in fact we had just finished shooting 3 boxes of 20 gauge and had already picked up our hulls.

I told him my experiences last week and he said they're going to be patrolling the area more regularly. I said GOOD. He said that you can call him and report illegal dumping (including people not cleaning up their trash after shooting) and if it results in a conviction you can get a $500 reward, and gave me his card. He said if things don't change they're going to eventually have to shut the area down to the public. I said I don't care about the reward, I just would like people to stop acting like complete idiots. My son chimed in and said he DID care about the reward... the cop laughed about that and wished us a good day and drove off.

I feel a bit better now... I hope they do catch the offenders and fine the crap out of them.

If you enjoyed reading about "follow up to my anti-littering rant of last week" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mcdonl
January 15, 2011, 08:07 PM
That's awesome. Your persistence and the involvement of local law enforcement has taught your child a lesson. Good for you!

If you enjoyed reading about "follow up to my anti-littering rant of last week" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!