don hume holster for GOV 1911

PDA

QUICK_DRAW_McGRAW
January 16, 2011, 12:49 AM
does anyone out there have a Don Hume holster for their government model 1911. im looking at the 715 to replace my bladetech holster that i hate.

how do you like it, does it wear the finish fast, any complaints, also if you have a picture of it toss it up.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "don hume holster for GOV 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bo
January 16, 2011, 09:16 AM
I have 2 for my SA Loaded. A H721 OT and a PCCH. The H721OT is a OWB and the PCCH is a IWB which I use most of the time due to the 5" barrel. I think Don Hume makes a good holster at a reasonable price. I have close to a dozen of his holsters for most of my pistols.

The Lone Haranguer
January 20, 2011, 08:24 PM
The 715 - as with other Hume products - is of very good quality, especially considering its relatively low cost. I don't personally care for a couple of aspects of its design. Vertical carry does not work well for me, and it rides a little too low. If this doesn't bother you I can highly recommend it. I think I would rather have the PCCH for myself, with that gun.

MikePaiN
January 21, 2011, 07:01 AM
The DH 715 is hard to beat for a basic ItW straight drop holster. DH just came out with a new style 715 with a "body shield"
http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/H715MWCS/Don-Hume-Clip-On-Inside-The-Waistband-Holster-with-Body-Shield-H715M-WCS.html

QUICK_DRAW_McGRAW
January 29, 2011, 09:05 PM
perfect, thanks. i like it to sit lower otherwise i feel that it flops around.

If you enjoyed reading about "don hume holster for GOV 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!