Who has FIRED a Ruger SR9/SR9c?

PDA

wankerjake
January 16, 2011, 07:32 PM
Please only vote in this poll if you have FIRED one of these pistols. Only interested in people with experience, not general opinions of people who haven't fired them.

So did you like it? Why, why not?

I'll start: Fired 3, liked all 3. All were the full size model. One was pre-recall trigger, the other two post recall. I thought they all shot well, no failures with any of them, I will most likely own one someday.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who has FIRED a Ruger SR9/SR9c?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pikid89
January 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
i shot an SR9c and i really liked it and i do want one but i dont really have a need or the extra pennies for one
if you shoot it good then you prob cant go wrong with one

gordy
January 16, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yes I fired both of them and they are very nice.
Nice trigger, The gun fit very well in my hand. I do not like wide grips at all and it was not to bad.
Sights were very good.
Second shot was easy to get on target fast.
The mag was very hard to get the last round in to it.
I liked the compact better.
I do not like the safety triggers on any of the new group of hand guns out there. Give me a DAO or a DA trigger any day.
I would not buy one as I own a Sig in 9mm(225) and 45(220) and I don't like the ruger as much as my Sigs.

Jeff H
January 16, 2011, 07:50 PM
I've had an SR9 for a couple of years. No regrets in the couple of thousand rounds or so I have put through it. The trigger is better than a lot of other guns, but is still striker fired so not as crisp as a 1911. Accuracy is good and the ergonomics are great.

I'll probably skip the SR9c because the new LC9 strikes me as a better carry 9 with its single stacked mag.

Hanzo581
January 16, 2011, 07:58 PM
I own an SR9c and used it just tonight to qualify for my concealed carry permit. I shot a very small group, the instructor came over to inspect my pistol afterward. I love it, fabulous trigger, and incredibly accurate and no issue from first to the seven hundredth round.

toocool
January 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
I voted No, but with a qualification...I had one of the first, with the original trigger. I MUCH preferred that trigger, but I sent mine in for the replacement, based on information I had read about how the replacement was nicer than the original. I did not find that to be the case, and after shooting it with the new trigger, found I did not shoot it as well, as I did not like the new trigger action. I sold it shortly after that. Now, if I can find someone who wants to sell one that still has the original trigger, I'd probably snatch it up. Otherwise, I'll stay away from them...

Bush Pilot
January 16, 2011, 08:35 PM
Have the SR9c and can't say enough good about it. Two friends fired my gun and purchased their own within a couple of days.

Lefty Wright
January 16, 2011, 08:48 PM
Ditto on the SR9C. Had a lot of pistols and this a nice one. 750 rounds so far and it just gets better. No failures, worked out of the box, and is very accurate. Haven't shot an SR9 yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one after the last couple of weeks with the 9C.

frankiestoys
January 16, 2011, 09:01 PM
I have the compact and like it alot , i only have 250 rds through it but have had no issues it runs great !

kludge
January 16, 2011, 09:51 PM
I have shot my buddy's SR9.

The grip is a little thin for my hand, but it is perhaps the most accurate pistol I have every fired.

powwowell
January 16, 2011, 10:02 PM
I have the SR9c. GREAT trigger. I like it well enough that I've sold my G19.

bannockburn
January 16, 2011, 10:45 PM
I was at the range last year when the fellow next to me offered his SR9c for me to try out. He was having a problem with getting his groups together and wanted to see if it was him or the gun. I managed to put them all in the black with the first mag he gave me. I thought the trigger was a little stiff but overall quite manageable. The gun balanced nicely in my hand, and the sights came up quickly on target. I enjoyed shooting the gun so much, that a short while later, I went out and bought one of my own.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z334/TailoAltera/gunpix1087.jpg

FIVETWOSEVEN
January 16, 2011, 10:47 PM
Felt like a dang rectangle in my hand, also I don't like the feel of polymer. Still, its a good gun but it isn't for me.

BCRider
January 17, 2011, 02:44 AM
I shot an SR9. But I didn't vote in the poll because there's no middle ground "it's OK but" option.

The gun groups nicely. The grips are smaller which is super for folks with smaller hands. But the trigger felt like pulling on a rubber band to me and the actual break felt like something inside went "twang!". For that reason I took away impression points. If the trigger feel could be fixed I'd consider it a really nice gun on all counts other than looks. But then it's still darn sexy compared to a Glock but not up to the design of the M&P.

bigfatdave
January 17, 2011, 10:40 AM
I got a chance to fire a compact.
It was nice, but not quite my cup o' tea.

Pegwedge
January 17, 2011, 11:42 AM
I traded for a SR9c back in the fall and I'm glad I did. Great trigger and feel. I also love the sights, really nice on a subcompact. It really fiits in my hand well and conceals easily. I also qualified for my CCL with mine.

wankerjake
January 17, 2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for voting guys. The topic cam about when discussing SR9's with a buddy. He owns an XD and a Kimber, and thinks the SR9 is just complete junk compared to them (Ruger hating in it's purest form). He then went on to tell me than when he worked at Sportsman's warehouse he talked a bunch of people out of them and that "like 4 people" tried to bring them back. He then said something like "start a poll, I bet most people who have actually shot them don't like them." So I said deal, let's bet a sushi dinner on that! Looks like I'm winning:neener:

I shot an SR9. But I didn't vote in the poll because there's no middle ground "it's OK but" option.

There was no middle ground on purpose. Just wanted an overall impression, most of the time people either like or they don't. Being on the fence is certainly ok, just not the info I was looking for to determine general like/dislike.

Nushif
January 17, 2011, 11:54 AM
For me the choice was between a SR9c and a G26.

Maybe if I had gotten the SR9c I wouldn't have needed to trade for another carry piece. 8)
I really liked the trigger and the thinner grip where it matters as well as the lines being a bit more aesthetic.

Caliper_RWVA
January 17, 2011, 12:10 PM
SR9c. Good grip, low bore axis, trigger is nice but could be better. The gun comes back on target nicely. The short mag (10 rounds) is enough grip for all but the heel of my hand while the full size (17 round) mag is nearly identical in size to the 15 rounder on my P95.

My biggest wish would be to put the full size slide and barrel on the compact frame.

va1911
January 17, 2011, 12:34 PM
Out of all the polymer handguns, I bought the SR9c for my CCW. I just don't like the glock, nothing personal, it just doesn't fit me well. I shoot the SR9c very well. I prefer hammer/firing pin but of all the striker fired I tried (glock, XD, M&P), I came home with the SR9c.

kokapelli
January 17, 2011, 01:06 PM
The SR9 fits my hand perfectly, I shoot very well with it and have yet to have a failure.

Hanzo581
January 17, 2011, 01:25 PM
Figure I'd post this here, I know many of you have seen it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1q1C_PnIY&feature=player_embedded

BP Hunter
January 17, 2011, 01:40 PM
I had the compact and my brother had the full sized. They were excellent guns. They felt just right in the hands and pointed naturally. I gave up my SR9c only because I wanted the Glock36, but otherwise I would have kept it. I didn't buy the full sized SR9 only because I didn't need another 9mm. But because teh full sized felt so good, I am thinking of getting the SR40.

Pegwedge
January 17, 2011, 01:46 PM
Figure I'd post this here, I know many of you have seen it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1q1...layer_embedded

Great review of the SR9c. I remember watching that shortly after I got mine. He released a shorter video recently covering it a little more. His videos are very informative and entertaining, unlike a lot of the crap you have to sift through on Youtube.

easyg
January 17, 2011, 01:54 PM
I have an SR9c and I think that it has the best trigger of ANY polymer striker-fired pistol that I have tried....and I've tried quite a few.

It has virtually zero uptake, no creep whatsoever, and is a nice short and crisp pull.
And the reset is perfect.

With 10-round magazine...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/allenXdog/HPIM6887.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/allenXdog/HPIM6884.jpg

With 17-round magazine...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/allenXdog/HPIM6881.jpg

Easy

sniper4usmc
January 17, 2011, 02:12 PM
I had both,but sold it,because slide serration is very sharp.I cut my fingertips many times and trigger pull just sucks badly.

griff383
January 17, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ive shot both, the SR9 was an original that had the factory replacement trigger and shot awesome. I own and carry a SR9c and wouldnt trade it for anything. Trigger pull is clean and crisp with a short reset and I can put 2 quick shots within inches of each other at 7 yards. I have 1000+ rounds through it without one problem of any kind, to me that says alot about reliability and quality. But then again what works for me may not work for everyone else.

wankerjake
January 18, 2011, 11:37 PM
I pretty much want and SR9c. I think I may hold out for the SR40c though...

If you enjoyed reading about "Who has FIRED a Ruger SR9/SR9c?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!