410 victor ejector crescent single barrel.

PDA

eastbank
January 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
i just traded a older savage .22 for this 410 crescent single barrel from a friend, i was talking to him and said i would like to have a light 410 for late season rabbits,most are shot from 15-25 yds, and shot sitting or hopping in thick brush. he got this in a trade some time ago. its a victor ejector made by crescent fire arms co. in norwich conn.,it has a ex bore and it is in over all very good used condition. serial number is 6541. i valued the savage .22 at 50-60 dollars so i was happy with the trade. eastbank.

If you enjoyed reading about "410 victor ejector crescent single barrel." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
January 18, 2011, 07:58 PM
Good Trade, Cresent made shotguns are not terribly common in .410 and of the many made not a whole lot have survived the ravages of time.

You are aware that these guns are mostly found in 2.5" chamber length and shooting 3" shell is not advised unless a gunsmith has checked the gun, determined it safe, and reamed the chamber for that shell length?

January 19, 2011, 02:30 AM
Nice Looking .410 .

That should serve your purpose well .

That is an interesting question however , about the chamber length in the older .410's .

GCBurner
January 19, 2011, 02:12 PM
2.5" shells are still the standard, and most commonly found .410 shells. Pretty much every guy I know started out with a single-shot or bolt action .410. I've still got one almost exactly like this in the back of the gun safe that's been passed down at least two generations.

eastbank
January 19, 2011, 04:43 PM
i have several boxs of 2.5 inch 410 shells and i think they will do for what i want to use the shotgun for. i,ll have the chamber lenth checked before i fire a 3 inch in it. it sure is a light little rabbit wand, where i hunt late season rabbits takes in a lot of slow walking with very close shots either setting or hopping and the ranges are two feet to 20 yds. i am more concerned about the weight of the gun than the greater distance it would shoot. eastbank.

Onmilo
January 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
This is my .410 single.
An H&R Tamer with Choate stock and forend.
20" full choke, 3" chamber, 4 1/4 pounds
http://fototime.com/50FF10D7DD2F01A/standard.jpg
In my area the only 2 1/2" shells commonly available are AA Target loads.
The 7 1/2 shot size will do well for rabbit and quail out to 25 yards.

I would look for or order some #6 loads for the squirrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "410 victor ejector crescent single barrel." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!