Speedloader for the S&W model 642?

PDA

BTR
January 19, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm looking for a speed loader for the model 642, a brand new one with rubber grips just like these:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764961_-1____ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Apparently some speed loaders don't clear some types of grips well.

Does anyone have a speed loader that works well with this gun with these rubber grips?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Speedloader for the S&W model 642?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
motorcycle-charlie
January 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
good luck. i have a Safariland and 2 HKS speedloaders and they wont work for the 642 with stock grips unless you modify the grip or loader itself. i use speedstrips for my 442 and the speedloaders on my SP101. if you change to the wood service grips they should work fine.

9mmepiphany
January 19, 2011, 01:16 PM
I have those grips on my 642 and both the HKS and Safariland speed loaders clear the grip. The smaller framed guns are more sensitive to the angle at which to align your speed loaders due to the tight space limitations between the extended cylinder and the cylinder release/grips

If you enjoyed reading about "Speedloader for the S&W model 642?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!