Installed 10 lb spring in my Sp101 question?

PDA

gilfo
January 19, 2011, 01:42 PM
I just installed a Wolff 10 lb hammer spring in my Sp101. Should I feel a signficant change in the trigger pull? Me being the dope that I am dropped the old spring and the new spring and now don't know if I put the new spring in. The other spring a scratches at the top and bottom of the spring so I am guessing it was the stock spring, from dry firing. It just doesn't feel too different. I don't know if it is my imagination or what.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Installed 10 lb spring in my Sp101 question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
camsdaddy
January 19, 2011, 04:51 PM
I can relate to this. I swapped my springs around and am pretty sure when all was said and done I wound up with the stock springs. I do plan to find a stiffer return spring so that I dont short stroke the trigger. Good luck.

GP100man
January 19, 2011, 05:18 PM
Replied to on Ruger forum , but should be a big difference !!

357_
January 19, 2011, 05:56 PM
It should be a clear change. It was for me.

MIL-DOT
January 19, 2011, 08:27 PM
The action on my SP101 was so tight that I probably couldn't have cocked the thing left-handed a dozen times. No kidding, it was BRUTALLY tight.
I asked here, checked the (highly useful) You-Tube videos,got a Wolff spring kit from Brownells, and did the change myself. A soon as the stock spring came out, I slapped it with a piece of masking tape and wrote "original SP101 mainspring" on it, and tossed it back in the bag with the other springs.
Seemed intuitive,to me, no mix-ups possible that way, though I'm sure I'd have noticed if I'd accidentally tossed the original spring back in, LOL. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Installed 10 lb spring in my Sp101 question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!