Need new front sight

PDA

kudu
January 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
S&W 22-4 Thunder Ranch .45ACP. Front sight is too high, half moon service style. I didn't really want to send it back to S&W if I didn't have to. Shoots about 14"-16" low at 20 yards. Looks like this: http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...0195_02_md.jpg
. Actually the one in the pic is probably the right height, the one on my gun has more arch to it. S&W requests that I send it back for their gunsmith to look it over and decide what need done. Existing front sight is about .260 high, I think a .200- .220 would be ideal.

If I can find another front sight somewhere I can install it, just has a roll pin holding it. Any help on where I may find one?

Thanks,
kudu

If you enjoyed reading about "Need new front sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black_Talon
January 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
Wasn't there a known issue with the early Thunder Ranch M22's POI/front sight height? I seem to remember that S&W would fix the front sight for free.

Oyeboten
January 19, 2011, 05:30 PM
The higher front Sight does look nicer...maybe just see what the POA result is with heftier Cartridges?

kudu
January 19, 2011, 07:50 PM
This is an earlier model and I do believe there was an issue with the front sights that S&W will take care of. I just bought the gun used a short while ago.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need new front sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!