What are the "gun laws" in Baghdad? (CCW?)

PDA

twoblink
December 30, 2003, 05:04 PM
Stemming from the thread about reporters in Baghdad..

I had a question..

What are the gun laws as in Iraq? Are any of them enforced or even enforcable?

Since 9 year olds have guns on the streets (a la CNN) I figure there pretty much ain't any laws.. "Don't get killed" and do whatever it takes to achieve that?

If I am an American in Baghdad, do I need a CCW license of some sort to carry?

If you enjoyed reading about "What are the "gun laws" in Baghdad? (CCW?)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mark Tyson
December 30, 2003, 09:34 PM
Since the government is in transition and the new legal system is not yet in place it is essentially up to the US military commanders in their particular areas. They seem to be letting people keep their small arms - handguns and AK47's. I've seen footage where a man's business was searched. While the operation was underway the soldiers confiscated the guy's weapons. When it was all over the officer handed the gun back to the Iraqi, gave him back is ammunition, and they shook hands.

CGofMP
December 30, 2003, 09:44 PM
It's a shame our 'enemies' have more gun rights in an 'occupied' area than we do in our own 'free' country.

Charles
http://www.memorableplaces.com

BTR
January 1, 2004, 02:36 PM
I was under the impression they could keep guns in their home, but not carry them in public. I think they set up some sort of permit system for carry.

Hkmp5sd
January 1, 2004, 05:28 PM
The gun laws in Baghdad are the man with the gun makes the laws. :)

twoblink
January 1, 2004, 09:14 PM
Even if there are laws.. If the Baghdadian 8 year olds can open carry.. shouldn't we be able to as well?

Lennyjoe
January 1, 2004, 09:18 PM
Heard a Fox News reporter say something about his CCW weapon and how they were protecting themselves while out on the street.

Bout a week ago I think it was on Fox News during the day.

If you enjoyed reading about "What are the "gun laws" in Baghdad? (CCW?)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!