slippery trigger

PDA

ChefJeff1
January 19, 2011, 09:57 PM
My model 19 has a very slippery trigger. Not the action (which is fine) but the actual face of the trigger. What can I do to grip it up a little. Maybe some grip tape like on a skateboard? I thought about filing but i don't want to ruin it. How hard would it be to swap it with a serrated trigger which i have on a model 38 and like a lot.

If you enjoyed reading about "slippery trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9mmepiphany
January 19, 2011, 11:40 PM
Your M-38 and M-19 use different sized trigger as one is a J-frame while the other is a K-frame.

In any case, the trigger would have to be fitted to the hammer...usually best left to a gunsmith

788Ham
January 20, 2011, 12:20 AM
Try some denatured alcohol, wipe the trigger off and see how that works, might be something from cleaning that got on it. Worth a try!

ChefJeff1
January 20, 2011, 12:52 AM
I'll try un-cleaning it. also, I didn't mean i wanted to swap triggers with the j frame but a new k frame but it sounds like work for a professional anyway. It's not really a big deal but got my attention today.

If you enjoyed reading about "slippery trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!