Crimson Trace Stickers

PDA

heavyshooter
January 21, 2011, 06:09 PM
I just acquired a pair of Crimson Trace laser grips for my S&W 442. And I can't locate the answer to my question in the owner’s manual so I am asking you guys.

Am I legally required to apply the warning stickers to the gun? If I am then I will certainly do it. But they are so ugly and unnecessary that a law is required to make me do it. Is it a law?

Heavy

For those of you that are wondering what I am referring to, here's a photo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crimson Trace Stickers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flint Ridge
January 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
Oh if somebody else gets ahold of it you could potentially have some liability.

Could not envision that "nanny" stuff on anything I own.

Sam1911
January 21, 2011, 07:49 PM
They are a very good reminder that the front end of the gun is dangerous.

:rolleyes:

dirtykid
January 21, 2011, 07:55 PM
Those were the 1st things that got "recycled" back into empty box upon opening my set of CT grips,, no way i'd do that to a gun,,

Rodentman
January 21, 2011, 07:58 PM
First time you clean the gun they'd likely turn into gum. I can't speak to any liability issue but I didn't put them on my J frame and I suspect few people do. Never even crossed my mind to put them on the gun. Frankly, I thought they were kidding.

Buck Snort
January 21, 2011, 08:04 PM
They might look nice on your CCW badge!

swinokur
January 21, 2011, 09:32 PM
if those are required, as someone said, where are the stickers that should be at the muzzle and near the trigger? I think the stickers are to protect Crimson Trace not you. IMO it's just a legal CYA. If something happens CT will state "we put warning stickers in with the laser." It puts the responsibility on the user, not CT.

PS-I threw mine in the trash. The idea of a warning sticker on a firearm seems
counter intuitive at least to me.

My .02

aryfrosty
January 21, 2011, 10:46 PM
Kinda like the stickers that come with Tritium night sights. I am not a lawyer but I have never put them on my gear.

chicharrones
January 22, 2011, 12:31 AM
I think the stickers are useful at gun shops or gun shows on display models.

chicharrones
January 22, 2011, 12:35 AM
For the heck of it, I Googled the 21CFR 1040.10 on that image you posted, heavy shooter.

I got this - http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=1040.10

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/GuidanceDocuments/ucm094361.htm

It is late and I don't have time to read all of that right now. :scrutiny:

M2 Carbine
January 22, 2011, 12:53 AM
Am I legally required to apply the warning stickers to the gun? If I am then I will certainly do it.
If you stick it on your gun, you will be the only one.:D

I recall something that a Crimson Trace representative said a year or two ago.
Something like,
We have to give them to you but you don't have to use them.

I put them right up there with the, "Do not remove, under penalty of law" tag on a new mattress.:)

armoredman
January 22, 2011, 01:21 AM
No, he wouldn't be the only one. :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/advertHBE2.jpg

I put mine on for photo use, figuring I'd just pull 'em back off afterwards...HAH! Those things have bonded to the metal!
But, it's all good.

heavyshooter
January 22, 2011, 02:06 AM
I put mine on for photo use, figuring I'd just pull 'em back off afterwards...HAH! Those things have bonded to the metal!
THEY BONDED TO THE METAL?!:cuss::banghead::fire:

armoredman
January 22, 2011, 12:36 PM
That was me being funny - the stickum on the stickers is extremely good, that's all, so I left them in place for grins and giggles. No harm done.

altitude_19
January 23, 2011, 11:22 AM
They might look nice on your CCW badge!
BWWWAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! :rolleyes:

788Ham
January 23, 2011, 03:46 PM
When you buy a new car, do you leave the factory build up sticker in the window?

chicharrones
January 23, 2011, 11:30 PM
That's a different kinda sticker. The laser stickers are more like the airbag labels stuck to the sun visors of cars. I wish I could get those off, too. :D

Buck Snort
January 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
THEY BONDED TO THE METAL?!:cuss::banghead::fire:
Thanks for the warning!!

Buck Snort
January 24, 2011, 02:47 AM
BWWWAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! :rolleyes:
I'm really glad you appreciated that!!

motorcycle-charlie
January 24, 2011, 07:34 AM
take em off. its your gun. while you are at it, cut the tags off of your mattress also. its your property.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crimson Trace Stickers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!