ruger blackhawk issues

PDA

snoopycooter
January 23, 2011, 02:37 PM
i have a ruger blackhawk 44 magnum 7.5 inch barrel . its in great shape not hardly a scratch on it , doesnt show much signs of use ... however sometimes when i cock the hammer back into position the cylinder fails to rotate . does anybody have any ideas as to why this is ?

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger blackhawk issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Drail
January 23, 2011, 05:26 PM
Send it back to Ruger. The pawl or its spring are out of spec. If you bought it used somebody may have reassembled it incorrectly.

Nomad
January 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
Drail is likely correct on having to send it back to Ruger but if it were me before I sent it back I'd lube it well, unless you already have.

PapaG
January 23, 2011, 06:57 PM
Send it to Ruger. They'll fix it, send it back and you're out only the shipping. Think twice, however, if it is a three screw. They'll put in the transfer bar system and ruin the best trigger Ruger ever put on a gun.

Iron Will
January 23, 2011, 07:14 PM
1) If the hammer pulls all the way back into the locked and ready postition and the cylinder does not rotate then send it back to Ruger.

2) If the hammer does not pull into the full locked position and the cylinder does not turn (like in a mechanical locked up situation), then take a small flat head screwdriver and make sure the base pin latch is fully seated.

3) Send it back to Ruger.

snoopycooter
January 24, 2011, 12:26 PM
its a two screw ... and i am sending it off to ruger. thanks for the help guys

Harley Quinn
January 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
It is the best avenue, time consuming some times, but as a rule most of us have had good luck sending them back to get them looked at, new springs etc... With a problem that is so easily fixed by them and guaranteed, smart thinking:)

Regards

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger blackhawk issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!