Slight twist on intra-state transfer

PDA

ZBill
January 23, 2011, 09:59 PM
Suppose I live in State A and want to transfer a pistol to an individual to State B. I often travel to State B. If I personally transport the pistol to State B, can I transfer the pistol to an FFL in State B face-to-face thereby saving the UPS/FEDEX mailing costs? At that point, can the pistol be transferred to the resident of State B by the State B FFL once he/she paid the fees, passed the background check, and waited the required period?

Thanks for any information.

If you enjoyed reading about "Slight twist on intra-state transfer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dogtown tom
January 23, 2011, 10:12 PM
ZBill Suppose I live in State A and want to transfer a pistol to an individual to State B. I often travel to State B. If I personally transport the pistol to State B, can I transfer the pistol to an FFL in State B face-to-face thereby saving the UPS/FEDEX mailing costs?
Yes

At that point, can the pistol be transferred to the resident of State B by the State B FFL once he/she paid the fees, passed the background check, and waited the required period?
Yes. The buyer in state B would complete a Form 4473 and pass the FBI NICS background check.
BTW, there is no Federal "waiting period".

ZBill
January 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
Makes sense but wanted input. Bill

brboyer
January 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
That's interstate not intrastate.

Art Eatman
January 24, 2011, 10:45 AM
Question answered...

If you enjoyed reading about "Slight twist on intra-state transfer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!