ranson italia spa

PDA

hawken ranson italia
January 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
hi i reciently bought a blackpowder rifle from a friend that had the rifle in his family for a long time. it is a 45 cal. percussion blackpowder rifle. ranson italia spa is stamped on the barrol it also says its made in italy. a cerial number that i can see from age is 17638. it looks just like the traditional hawken that you can buy from cabelas. the only difference is it does not have any engraveings on it. i have been told it could be 200 years old but i cant find it anywhere online. i reciently got cabelas catalog and saw it and bout freaked out. im just wonderig if anyone has any information on this kind of blackpowder rifle. you can also tell this gun has age because there are marks on it only age can make in the barrol.

If you enjoyed reading about "ranson italia spa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GCBurner
January 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
It's not old, it's a modern Italian made reproduction of a blackpowder frontier rifle.

Jim K
January 24, 2011, 10:22 PM
FWIW, "Spa" is the Italian equivalent of "Inc."

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "ranson italia spa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!