Savage four-tenners?

PDA

Okiecruffler
December 31, 2003, 02:02 PM
I was doing my weekly search for all things 311, and once again came across a load of Savage four-tenners. Since a .410 311 is out of my budget at this time, I am tempted. Has anyone ever used these? I had a set of little skeeters gauge reducers once, but was unimpressed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage four-tenners?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
December 31, 2003, 06:02 PM
These Savage 410er's are very nice to use as a sub insert for occasional use or hunting a box or two an outing. They wont hold up long for regular claybird use where you shoot 100 or more per frequent outing. These 410ers are the best thing since sliced bread for a SOUND condition damascus shottie!;)

Okiecruffler
December 31, 2003, 06:55 PM
Well, I wouldn't be using them much, just an occassional round of clays or such. Of course, I could sell a couple of my 12's to finance a .410...yeah, that's going to happen.

Gordon
January 24, 2004, 08:26 PM
Ya haven't seen any for 20ga to .410 did ya- yes they made them and I'd like a couple!

Okiecruffler
January 25, 2004, 09:07 AM
Haven't seen any 20g ones, but to be honest I hadn't been paying too close attention until just recently. But I've decided against them. I'm going to let 2 of my 12g 311's go as soon as I find a .410 in the condition I want.

sm
January 25, 2004, 01:02 PM
'nuther thought Okie.

I dunno if it is the smaller size gun in .410 you want or the gauge. What would a set of Briley Inserts run for .410 ? Of course then you would be out some money, and probably want the 28 ga tubes as well.

I don't blame you for liking the 311s, great guns! Just thinking about getting rid of a gun...and regret. What if you later found out that gun had bbl whacked and a CAS was using it. :D

Hey it is easier to spend someone else's money...just a thought.

You will advise folks here if a 311 comes up for sale - right?

Okiecruffler
January 26, 2004, 09:05 AM
I had a set of little Skeeters (I think that's right) which I think are like Brileys. Or do briley's have a bit of a barrel?:confused: Any who, the Skeeters were kinda fun, but the patterns weren't what I wanted. Mainly I just need the .410 so I have a 311 in each gauge. I'll probably only sell one of my 12's to a guy I know who has wanted it for a long time, then pay the rest out of my mad fund. Gonna hit the pawn shops hard tomorrow, time to get this thing moving.

sm
January 26, 2004, 10:29 AM
Okie,
I'm with you now, one in each gauge:D Gotcha...Then you can start on another set of 311's in all the gauges - right? :p

Hey, its your money, don't mind I do help you spend it...more fun for me.

I dunno what skeeters are...I do know Briley makes full length tubes to fit your gun to your needs. I don't recall the specific name and they were pricey.

For what you want, yeah those 311's in a .410 receiver size are really special.

Okiecruffler
January 26, 2004, 04:23 PM
Okay, so Brileys are different. Skeeters are just chamber inserts. I had 2 sets to convert 12 to 20 and 28. IIRC I paid about 30 bucks for each set. Kinda interesting to play with, but patterns were VERY open and inconsistant, especially with the 28. On a different note kinda, I just spent an hour looking over a Stoeger Uplander 28ga. This one was much better than previous ones I've looked at. Some of the checkering was rough, but you have to look for it. Wood to metal fit was very good. Kinda tempting...

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage four-tenners?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!