Mec-gar 17rnd Magazines for Ruger P95

PDA

mgmorden
January 26, 2011, 10:49 AM
Anybody have any experience with these? I bought my P95 a good while back when the AWB was still in place so I've currently got 10-rounders for it. Just looking to get some non-training wheel mags for the gun.

The original standard Ruger mags for this gun are 15rnds. Mec-gar makes both 15-rounders and 17-rounders which are advertised as being flush-fit. Mec-gar typically has a good rep on mags, but it just had me wondering how Mec-gar was getting a 17-round mag to work whilst Ruger was sticking to 15.

Do these still work ok? I was hoping to tack the mags on to part of another order and this vendor only carries the Mec-gar 17's. Going to original Ruger mags will require a separate order from a different store (and hence more shipping costs).

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mec-gar 17rnd Magazines for Ruger P95" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
millertyme
January 26, 2011, 11:18 AM
No experience with them in a P95, but every other Mecgar magazine I've used has been fine. Ruger's insistence on a 15 round magazine in the P95 is more an issue with the individual in charge at the time it was originally designed.

Walt Sherrill
January 26, 2011, 02:39 PM
I think Mec-Gar makes Ruger's pistol mags...

Never had problems with Mec-Gar mags except some discounted 1911 mags I bought from Numrich.

DenaliPark
January 26, 2011, 03:21 PM
MecGar magazines are superior, totally superior to the factory fare that your Ruger came equipped with...In fact I do believe that MecGar now produces Ruger's magazines for the SR9's, which makes them by far the best manufactured part on those pistols...:)

Onward Allusion
January 26, 2011, 04:11 PM
On the 17 rounders, Mec Gar uses a patented spring that spirals into itself to get the additional 2 rounds in the same space. I think the follower is also slightly different than OEM.

sonofbubba
February 2, 2011, 05:57 PM
I bought a promag 15 rd for my P95 about 6 months ago. Sometimes it locked the whole damn pistol up. I tried hollow point and fmjs. Same same. I got mad and threw it in the garbage. Bought 2 mecgars for only $10 more, not a problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mec-gar 17rnd Magazines for Ruger P95" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!