S&W revolver questions

PDA

mollydodger
January 27, 2011, 05:55 PM
I just inherited a S&W revolver and am not sure of the model. If anyone can help me with info I would truly appreciate it!! It is .38 caliber has a 6 inch barrel and appears to be nickel plated. The serial number is 348211. I am curious about the model and date of manufacture if possible. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W revolver questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Liberty1776
January 27, 2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome to THR. Gotta have pictures to help you...

Steve C
January 27, 2011, 09:19 PM
Guns made after the mid 50's will have the model stamped on the yoke. Open the cylinder and look just above the hinge. See the picture below. Earlier models can be ID"d with a picture.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=135031&stc=1&d=1296181104

Radagast
January 28, 2011, 07:21 AM
I replied in detail in the date of birth thread. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W revolver questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!