remington 770 question

PDA

oklahoma caveman
January 31, 2011, 11:28 PM
I was under the impression that these were relatively cheap made with synthetic stocks and a detachable magazine, but I am currently looking at a Remington model 770 22-250 that has a wood stock and has an internal magazine (no floorplate, no detachable mag). Are these of the same quality? Better? Worse?

If you enjoyed reading about "remington 770 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
natman
February 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
If there is such a thing it must be recent. Never heard of a 770 with a wood stock nor one in 22-250. It doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on that pig, it's still a 770. Don't do it.

Are you sure it's not a 700?

jmr40
February 1, 2011, 12:55 PM
Sounds like a 700 ADL to me

oklahoma caveman
February 1, 2011, 01:09 PM
I have not actually "seen" the gun. pictures and a description. I was told that was what it is. I suppose I will have to dig deeper to figure this out. thx guys

oklahoma caveman
February 1, 2011, 02:15 PM
Mods please delete this thread. Found out the correct information and this thread is no longer viable. thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "remington 770 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!